News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

So the paper transfers, diesel fuel, electricity, paint, light bulbs, etc. should be included in the "capital" budget, and not the "operating" budget? Fine by me.

Did you notice the $5M in station overhauls (some term like that) for the federal funding package? I'd bet on a line-by-line it boils down to something close to paint and lightbulbs.

Did you notice the $5M in station overhauls (some term like that) for the federal funding package? I'd bet on a line-by-line it boils down to something close to paint and lightbulbs.

That would be fine. Someone else - maybe you - pointed out that previous generations of signage and lighting had left holes in the walls and marks when it was taken down. I'd like to see these eyesores erased as much as anyone.

Interesting photos here but, predictably, none of Toronto and no mention of a Toronto visit either!. http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/28/travel/beautiful-metro-stations-chris-forsyth/index.html

i particularly like the stockholm metro stations. more specifically the exposed bedrock, tho I'm not a huge fan of the painting over of it. my hope is that when (if) relief line is built we can get some exposed bedrock sections. i know our shale bedrock is flaky and fragile closer to the surface, also that it has a tendency to expand when exposed to air/moisture. but if it was at all possible, or if it were to be covered with transparent glass/plastic, i think it'd a great for the public to see in some stations. wouldn't have the greatest hue compared with some bedrocks (e.g red granite), but it's made up of a series varved layers laid down annually ~400m years ago. with the right lighting these contrasting lines can look pretty nice.

Heat warning issued for Tuesday and Wednesday: will John Tory follow through on his pandering commitment to ride a hot train, or will he yet again break another promise? We'll know soon!

i particularly like the stockholm metro stations. more specifically the exposed bedrock, tho I'm not a huge fan of the painting over of it. my hope is that when (if) relief line is built we can get some exposed bedrock sections. i know our shale bedrock is flaky and fragile closer to the surface, also that it has a tendency to expand when exposed to air/moisture. but if it was at all possible, or if it were to be covered with transparent glass/plastic, i think it'd a great for the public to see in some stations. wouldn't have the greatest hue compared with some bedrocks (e.g red granite), but it's made up of a series varved layers laid down annually ~400m years ago. with the right lighting these contrasting lines can look pretty nice.

The public art at some Stockholm metro stations involves precisely that - painting over it. Don't know if we can get exposed bedrock station - beyond structural support problems there might also be water infiltration issues?

AoD

Honestly, who cares about this whole publicity stunt. If anything John Tory will continue to slag TTC workers for not fixing the problems fast enough due to lack of funds. Nothing is gonna change.

Either way, looks like he did it early in the morning, before the major rush.

Oh Karma!

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 29m29 minutes ago
Line 2 medical emergency may have delayed Tory's hot subway ride photo-op (TTC says cleared 15 min ago). Getting the real Toronto experience

Jennifer Pagliaro Retweeted
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 30m30 minutes ago
Tory spox says they were kicked off trains twice. Passenger assistance alarm was activated.

AoD

Shows why a DRL is needed as an alternate route downtown... from both Pape and Dundas West Stations.

Back