News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't think expect anything more than Pape to Queen or Osgoode by 2032

Even that is on the optimistic side.
Your skepticism is warranted by gauging it to what's transpired so far.

But I have an inkling that there's going to be a radical change in how these projects are funded, delivered and who they're done by in the next decade, even the next five years. The skepticism is completely warranted based on present factors, unwarranted based on a 'new approach'.

Consider that $Triilions is sitting idle in company coffers looking to be invested. *Even if* investment shows a zero return above cost at the beginning of a decade, and the return just equals the cost, *it's still better than cash lying idle* for those it belongs to, plus they can market all sorts of other facets from their investment. So the primary investment is revenue neutral, but secondary returns are not only ample, they *multiply with time*...not to mention that money invested is always worth more in a healthy economy as inflation alone debases idle money.

The dates being bandied for the next major projects are so far away as to be surreal. You don't have to be a capitalist to realize there's a massive vacuum in Toronto building what's needed, what was needed generations ago. Industry is noticing the same thing.

There'll be 'offers you can't refuse' coming soon, and delivered by people far more incentivized than our current set of politicians.

Does'nt he map also extend way further west than is being planned too? I don't think expect anything more than Pape to Queen or Osgoode by 2032

I believe that map is for 25 years in the future. So 2043. Sounds quite reasonable to assert the DRL could be fully built out by then.

I don’t think anything less can come true and any of us have a good quality of life.

But here is a question which is interesting to me: everyone’s vision appears to stop here at Line 8. What is Line 9, is the next heavy rail or light rail line?
It will be beyond the lifetime of most of us

I don’t think anything less can come true and any of us have a good quality of life.

But here is a question which is interesting to me: everyone’s vision appears to stop here at Line 8. What is Line 9, is the next heavy rail or light rail line?

King Street underground RER

Looking at the map it doesn’t seem that Amy.
Zoom in. 13 on Avenue Road. 19 on Bathurst. Last time we discussed this, I theorized that 6 Bay would become 18 Bay.

upload_2018-1-22_15-57-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-22_15-57-58.png
    upload_2018-1-22_15-57-58.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 248
Am I correct to define an Express bus route as one that follows the regular route but has less stops, and a Rocket but route as one that is destination based?

Then I am asking why there is the 195 Jane Rocket, which follows what a 35E Jane would?

Same question with 199 Finch Rocket and 36/39 Finch West/East. Is it because of the East and Wesr designation?

Am I correct to define an Express bus route as one that follows the regular route but has less stops, and a Rocket but route as one that is destination based?

Then I am asking why there is the 195 Jane Rocket, which follows what a 35E Jane would?

Same question with 199 Finch Rocket and 36/39 Finch West/East. Is it because of the East and Wesr designation?
Take a look at the TTC website pages on bus routes.. Several express routes have no regular route equivalent.

Back