News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'm glad he went through the infamous "passenger emergency assistance alarm" delay. If only there was a mechanical delay, or police/fire investigation, so he would've been forced to stay on the hot subway car for much longer than anticipated.

I heard the woman who asked him to try it out being interviewed. She said she couldn't have asked for a better ride. They went from Kennedy to Kipling, got stopped in the tunnel, had the delays noted above, and got sweaty and uncomfortable.

Honestly, who cares about this whole publicity stunt. If anything John Tory will continue to slag TTC workers for not fixing the problems fast enough due to lack of funds. Nothing is gonna change.

Just like I said...

Screen shot 2016-09-07 at 6.29.20 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-09-07 at 6.29.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-09-07 at 6.29.20 PM.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 467
If anyone should "do better" it is Mr Tory. He needs to stop running scared of the Ford Factor and explain carefully why higher taxes are necessary to build a great city. I worry that Byford, Upfold and the rest of the new brooms will soon tire of being told to work harder and cut budgets more.

If anyone should "do better" it is Mr Tory. He needs to stop running scared of the Ford Factor and explain carefully why higher taxes are necessary to build a great city. I worry that Byford, Upfold and the rest of the new brooms will soon tire of being told to work harder and cut budgets more.

He need to show some leadership and not tell us that TTC need to do better when summer is almost over and that every daily user has been telling them we have an AC issue. Why can't the problem be fixed without additional $$? Never heard of OT?

AoD

Last edited:
He need to show some leadership and not tell us that TTC need to do better when summer is almost over when every daily user has been telling them we have an AC issue. Why can't the problem be fixed without additional $$? Never heard of OT?

AoD
You are aware that overtime costs $$$ It needs to come from somewhere, if I had much faith in TTC Budget skills I would assume thet need more $ in order to pay out more OT.

You are aware that overtime costs $$$ It needs to come from somewhere, if I had much faith in TTC Budget skills I would assume thet need more $ in order to pay out more OT.

If JT can find $3M for the Gardiner, I am sure he can find what's necessary for OT if he put his heart to it, because you know gawd forbid OH&S issue from overheating is less important than a longer wait on the Gardiner.

AoD

Reactions: DSC
If JT can find $3M for the Gardiner, I am sure he can find what's necessary for OT if he put his heart to it, because you know gawd forbid OH&S issue from overheating is less important than a longer wait on the Gardiner.

AoD

John Tory suggested that TTC efficiencies can be reallocated to things like A/C. This is a lie, because what he actually voted for was to completely remove the money from the budget in order to support low taxes.

Soon enough, someone would permanently develop heat stroke inside the subway train and that person will have the right to sue the TTC.

Soon enough, someone would permanently develop heat stroke inside the subway train and that person will have the right to sue the TTC.

While I think the extent of this problem, almost surely foreseeable at some level, is not excusable.......

If we're going to be even-handed, its my recollection that as many as 1/2 the schools in the TDSB don't have air conditioning.

There are still some older hospitals that don't have a/c in patient rooms.

Public housing doesn't normally have a/c

And private rental housing isn't required to either, there is no Max. temperature in the by-law governing housing.

We have to make up our mind as a society as to whether maximum temperatures are a right; and if they are, we will have to consistently demand this of both the public and private sectors.

I'm all in favour, as I'm probably more heat-sensitive than the average.

I'm just lucky enough to be able to afford a/c.

That said, it can hardly keep up in this weather.......its 25C right now at my place w/humidity running in excess of 70, that despite a/c!

While I think the extent of this problem, almost surely foreseeable at some level, is not excusable.......

If we're going to be even-handed, its my recollection that as many as 1/2 the schools in the TDSB don't have air conditioning.

There are still some older hospitals that don't have a/c in patient rooms.

Public housing doesn't normally have a/c

And private rental housing isn't required to either, there is no Max. temperature in the by-law governing housing.

We have to make up our mind as a society as to whether maximum temperatures are a right; and if they are, we will have to consistently demand this of both the public and private sectors.

I'm all in favour, as I'm probably more heat-sensitive than the average.

I'm just lucky enough to be able to afford a/c.

That said, it can hardly keep up in this weather.......its 25C right now at my place w/humidity running in excess of 70, that despite a/c!

Except the daily activities of the city requires the subway to function - and being underground, heating and the lack of ventilation makes for a dangerous combination.

AoD

Just like heating, accessible air conditioning needs to be treated as a safety feature, and not merely a luxury feature. With climate change and our aging population, it will be increasingly common for Torontonians to be hospitalized or die from heat related conditions.

Back