News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

How so? Ford may have gotten the Bloor-Danforth extension built, but it's highly unlikely the group of councillors that put the Scarborough Subway over the top will vote for an extension that would be a white elephant for decades to come.

He will run on it though...

Sheppard provided the estimated cost is close.

The Fords voted in favour of the recommended taxation scheme (1.6% phased in over 3 years) which is sufficient to fully build out the City's proposed alignment to Sheppard.

Very few amendments were applied. The amendment to the taxation scheme was rejected.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.CC39.5

Key point: The Ford's voted in favour of the tax increase. If they both voted against the tax increase, the vote would have been 24 to 20 in favour of the LRT option. I'm glad they did that but find it very interesting seeing as they were strongly against the tax increase yesterday.

It is going to be much harder for him to be openly against Metrolinx's proposed taxation plan for building transit.

So now, sheppard will go to McCowan correct? They have to complete the line.

So now, sheppard will go to McCowan correct? They have to complete the line.
The Sheppard LRT will go past McCowan.

The Sheppard subway ... not happening. What's the peak ridership ... if they expand it, perhaps 7,000 east of Don Mills. 3,000 east of Kennedy? Surely, most people would take Danforth over Sheppard. And we're only expecting 10,000 or so southbound at Scarborough Centre. So less southbound at McCowan.

The only advantage of completing Sheppard is to fulfil the masturbatory fantasies of fetishists.

The Sheppard subway ... not happening. What's the peak ridership ... if they expand it, perhaps 7,000 east of Don Mills. 3,000 east of Kennedy? Surely, most people would take Danforth over Sheppard. And we're only expecting 10,000 or so southbound at Scarborough Centre. So less southbound at McCowan.

That's what I thought, but anything can happen now. I hope the LRT gets built now that Scarborough got its subway.

If anything puts the SELRT closer to death was the auditor's report on the gas plants that came out today. Then again the Libs have managed to stay ahead in the polls up until now even with all their troubles.

An eastward extension to STC sounds useless, but is a westward extension looping the YUS being considered anytime soon?

The only advantage of completing Sheppard is to fulfil the masturbatory fantasies of fetishists.

Just the sort of classless and hypocritical comment I'd expect from a light rail fetishist.

Just because you don't support a pointless subway line along a corridor that is better served by LRT doesn't mean you are a "fetishist" also, please explain how his statement is in any way hypocritical?

An eastward extension to STC sounds useless, but is a westward extension looping the YUS being considered anytime soon?

I think that the westward extension will be useful eventually; to link the Yonge and Spadina lines, and to create a shortcut between the Wilson yard and Yonge line.

But, not anytime soon. Much higher priorities are the Relief Line, then extending the Eglinton line to the airport, and a few smaller gaps in the system that need to be closed.

East of Don Mills, LRT it is. Connection to the Scarborough subway at McCowan will make Sheppard LRT more usable / convenient.

Just the sort of classless and hypocritical comment I'd expect from a light rail fetishist.
How does saying that the Danforth extension is a good thing, that the Yonge extension is necessary, that the DRL is very important, that the Spadina extension is a good idea, and that Sheppard should be extended to Victoria Park make me a light rail fetishist?

It may have been classless, but nothing he saidwas untrue. A BRT could easily accommodate the people that will ride the Sheppard line. The LRT is already overkill and a subway is just extreme.

Back