News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

How does saying that the Danforth extension is a good thing, that the Yonge extension is necessary, that the DRL is very important, that the Spadina extension is a good idea, and that Sheppard should be extended to Victoria Park make me a light rail fetishist?

The last line of the post. Come on.

An eastward extension to STC sounds useless, but is a westward extension looping the YUS being considered anytime soon?

I was thinking, why not extend the subway eastward to Finch West Station? Have it run east from Yonge along Sheppard to Downsview, and have it run parallel northbound along the YUS corridor terminating Finch West. This way, you have one single subway ride connecting the Finch West LRT and the Sheppard East LRT.

in the next 30-40 years, unless it is connected to the sheppard line (which I prefer), I can see BD running up into Markham instead...

in the next 30-40 years, unless it is connected to the sheppard line (which I prefer), I can see BD running up into Markham instead...
It would be great if Giambrone was Mayor then so he could pay homage to Miller by negotiating the same fantastic deal with York Region and have Toronto cover all operating costs.

It would be great if Giambrone was Mayor then so he could pay homage to Miller by negotiating the same fantastic deal with York Region and have Toronto cover all operating costs.
How bad did we get robbed on that. And the Vaughan extension will lose money to.
I could probably write a textbook listing all the reasons why that would be very, very bad.

1) He's a troll, don't pay attention
2)Not enough people will use it. Espcially since the Markham will be getting all day go service and the subway crosses paths with the GO line.

how am I trolling ? by wanting a subway ?

that's your problem to deal with if you don't like it...
if you don't like my posts, ignore them...

this isn't your personal board where only your opinion matters. maybe you should create your own thread of crushed dreams and dashed hopes so you'll have a place to lament and wallow in...

in the meantime leave enforcing the rules to a moderator and stop trying to be a cyber board bully... it has no effect. ;)

I could probably write a textbook listing all the reasons why that would be very, very bad.

theres over a million in scarb/markham now... in 30-40 years it's going to probably go up by at least another 400,000. Sheppard is not that far from Steeles.

theres over a million in scarb/markham now... in 30-40 years it's going to probably go up by at least another 400,000. Sheppard is not that far from Steeles.

The thing is that parts of the speculated Sheppard Subway are projected to only carry 4,000 pphpd. That is ridiculously low. A BRT could easily move that many people. Sheppard is getting an LRT, which is already way more than enough capacity.

The thing is that parts of the speculated Sheppard Subway are projected to only carry 4,000 pphpd. That is ridiculously low. A BRT could easily move that many people. Sheppard is getting an LRT, which is already way more than enough capacity.

If capacity/demand were the governing factors in decisions....why is the BD being extended instead of an LRT? I am no expert but from what I read the RT could be replaced by either an upgraded RT or by LRT much cheaper and easily handle the projected demand/ridership.

Back