News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow that looks amazing. Hitting that up today for sure!
A really underrated part of Calgary IMO. I think that in general Calgary's Bow River pathway system is underrated. It seems like tourists are often the ones who notice it the most. That said, the city has done a decent job of upgrading and improving it. The stretch from Louise Bridge to East village has come a long way in the past 10 years.

Even if we were to simply include Foothills MD today, we would be pretty close to 1.6M.
As of 2018 Calgary estimated CMA population was 1,486,050 and adding Foothills would be about another 80K, so today in 2019 we should easily be at 1.6 million people. It's one of the rare times an article actually got the population right.

Even if we were to simply include Foothills MD today, we would be pretty close to 1.6M.
As of 2018 Calgary estimated CMA population was 1,486,050 and adding Foothills would be about another 80K, so today in 2019 we should easily be at 1.6 million people. It's one of the rare times an article actually got the population right.

a little OT, but it excites me to see that even with a bit of economic depression, Calgary and region (even Edmonton!) have continued to grow pretty substantially population wise. A calgary region with 2+million opens up more interesting possibilities. When both Edmonton and Calgary hit 2 million I hope we see the high speed rail topic taken seriously again.

a little OT, but it excites me to see that even with a bit of economic depression, Calgary and region (even Edmonton!) have continued to grow pretty substantially population wise. A calgary region with 2+million opens up more interesting possibilities. When both Edmonton and Calgary hit 2 million I hope we see the high speed rail topic taken seriously again.
Calgary is still riding boomtown demographics. The large number of 20 and 30 somethings who arrived during the boom are having kids. I suspect population growth will slow dramatically if the downturn continues.

Calgary is still riding boomtown demographics. The large number of 20 and 30 somethings who arrived during the boom are having kids. I suspect population growth will slow dramatically if the downturn continues.
Calgary will continue to have above a 10% growth rate which is one of the highest rates for metros on the continent. Cities like Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, continue to grow at a rapid pace because of the costs of living, taxes, etc. compared to Toronto and Vancouver. Affordable housing is becoming an issue, and right now Calgary is relatively cheap.

Last edited:
There are two basic facts that overrule the status of the O+G industry: (1) Canada’s population is growing, (2) Canada’s population is becoming is becoming increasingly concentrated in large cities. This all but guarantees Calgary’s continual growth.
Yup. That and strong international migration to the 6 largest cities, with Calgary being strong relative to Ottawa, Edmonton.

Not really development related, but I noticed the trees on top of N3 are doing really well. Pleasantly surprised :)

Back