News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow. Unbelievable. As if Eau Clare and Riverwalk wasn’t enough, now they are going to level all the trees on the north side and not even replace them? What a joke. This would not happen in Vancouver. There must be some other design they can do that doesn’t affect the trees.

Wow. Unbelievable. As if Eau Clare and Riverwalk wasn’t enough, now they are going to level all the trees on the north side and not even replace them? What a joke. This would not happen in Vancouver. There must be some other design they can do that doesn’t affect the trees.
I hear it might happen in San Diego possibly Montreal and Toronto but definitely not in Brandon Manitoba or Grand Prairie 🤦‍♂️

It is hard. The trees reduce the stability of the berms.

You could rebuild the road as a berm. Build a wall in the centre median with drop in sections perhaps.

No good options.

It is hard. The trees reduce the stability of the berms.

You could rebuild the road as a berm. Build a wall in the centre median with drop in sections perhaps.

No good options.
Why can't they simply create a barrier like they are doing on the south side along the Eau Claire promenade and then raise the ground behind the barrier to be level with the top of the barrier?

My understand is they're planning on planting trees next to the barrier along the Eau Claire promenade so the tree roots aren't an issue there and by raising the ground to be level with the lip of the barrier they would essentially be creating a faux berm which would have the same appearance from Sunnyside but without the same structural integrity requirements because it's no longer trying to fight back a river. Doing things that way would allow them to replant trees all along the north side, wouldn't it?

Why can't they simply create a barrier like they are doing on the south side along the Eau Claire promenade and then raise the ground behind the barrier to be level with the top of the barrier?

My understand is they're planning on planting trees next to the barrier along the Eau Claire promenade so the tree roots aren't an issue there and by raising the ground to be level with the lip of the barrier they would essentially be creating a faux berm which would have the same appearance from Sunnyside but without the same structural integrity requirements because it's no longer trying to fight back a river. Doing things that way would allow them to replant trees all along the north side, wouldn't it?
I assume it has something to do with the ground. Whether it is gravel or clay. The tyranny of gravel... screws up the Bowness barrier too.

I hear it might happen in San Diego possibly Montreal and Toronto but definitely not in Brandon Manitoba or Grand Prairie 🤦‍♂️
Are you comparing the difference between Calgary and Vancouver to that of Brandon and San Diego? If so, that is preposterous.

Are you comparing the difference between Calgary and Vancouver to that of Brandon and San Diego? If so, that is preposterous.
No I’m saying why compare what calgary is doing to what Vancouver. That’s why I mentioned those other cities. They’re all stupid comparisons. What challenges The city of Calgary has with Sunnyside Has nothing g to do with what Vancouver would do. Complete 🍎 and 🍊

They have to put them somewhere...

No I’m saying why compare what calgary is doing to what Vancouver. That’s why I mentioned those other cities. They’re all stupid comparisons. What challenges The city of Calgary has with Sunnyside Has nothing g to do with what Vancouver would do. Complete 🍎 and 🍊
My point is that a city like Vancouver would do whatever it takes to preserve trees or remove as few as possible. They have a history of this. Calgary has a track record of levelling everything. If the city really wanted, there were trees in Eau Clare that they could have preserved and worked around no question. It may have been a bit more difficult or expensive but it's possible.

Back