News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Have heard that Jemm has bought the Lunenburg condos and the small apartment building directly behind them in Sunnyside. Pretty killer location, directly adjacent to the LRT station, Safeway across the street and 10th street right there too.

Nice, 9A is turning into a nice wall of new and high quality almost all the way. Just need one south of Annex and south of the other Jemm lot.

Looks like the apartment building that was proposed along with the co-op gas bar on Macleod Trail may actually be happening, as a DP has been submitted for the area where the picnic tables currently reside:
I also see the Calgary Dream Centre is looking to change the zoning of the hotel across the street: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=LOC2021-0156

Existing Designations
Commercial - Corridor 3 District (C-COR3)

Proposed Designations
Multi-Residential - Medium Profile Support Commercial District (M-X2)

Suddenly more residential for all is starting to take Shape around this portion of Macleod... time to get to work on improving the actual street.

Also...

Has anyone ever heard of the proposed development, known as "Midtown Station"?! Applicant is IBI GROUP.

Edit: It's from 2019... oops. Not new.

Last edited:
Also...

Has anyone ever heard of the proposed development, known as "Midtown Station"?! Applicant is IBI GROUP.

Was scanning the DMAP and found this:

"This combined outline plan, road closure, and redesignation application proposes an outline for the future redevelopment of approximately 12.26 hectare (30.29 acre) of land in Fisher Park into a mixed-use urban village, centred around a new LRT station. The proposed development, known as "Midtown Station" will include transit oriented high density residential development, office, retail, hotel, community facilities, and public open space. This application would allow for:

• a maximum building height of 150 metres, about 42 storeys (an increase from the current maximum of 12 metres)
  • an anticipated total building area of 525,000 square metres
  • an anticipated 7,412 residential units and
  • 79,500 square metres (856 574 square feet) of commercial/office area.

An amendment to the Municipal Development Plan (MDP) is required to allow for this application.

An outline plan is a form of detailed infrastructure plan for a specified area. An outline plan must be consistent with any community plan previously approved by City Council."

View attachment 385893

View attachment 385894

I mean, what?! this is crazy.
You bet. There's a discussion thread for this one.

I also see the Calgary Dream Centre is looking to change the zoning of the hotel across the street: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=LOC2021-0156

Existing Designations
Commercial - Corridor 3 District (C-COR3)

Proposed Designations
Multi-Residential - Medium Profile Support Commercial District (M-X2)

Suddenly more residential for all is starting to take Shape around this portion of Macleod... time to get to work on improving the actual street.
Unfortunately that land-use redesignation was filed and abandoned at the March 8th meeting of Council. It went to CPC on December 2nd (report) and was set to go to the March 8th public hearing, but at the request of the applicant, the proposed redesignation was filed and abandoned.

Have heard that Jemm has bought the Lunenburg condos and the small apartment building directly behind them in Sunnyside. Pretty killer location, directly adjacent to the LRT station, Safeway across the street and 10th street right there too.
That's a killer location for a small apartment building 5-8floors range.

In reference to the conversation on the WestUrban 37th Thread about 37th St being a priority for a main street redo: https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/f...n-faas-architecture.32979/page-3#post-1800193

I looked up the city's priorities for Main Streets... Biggest takeaway for me was seeing Macleod Trail not being a priority. Isn't that the south's 'Main Street'? Not to mention that its a massive project, stretching 11 Kilometers from Willow Park Drive to the Bow River. You'd think you would want to get started on at least the portion from Glenmore to 17th Ave? A proper 'Main Street' could really draw some development to that corridor to really give it some life. The other parts, I agree with the city are not that important.

Build Phase:
17 Avenue S.W. (Segment 1 - 37 Street S.W. to Crowchild Trail)
37 Street S.W.
Montgomery (Segment 1 - Bowness Road N.W. )
Bridgeland (Phase 1 - Edmonton Trail)

Design:
33 and 34 Avenues S.W.

Plan:
Bowness Road N.W.
Inglewood (9 Avenue S.E.)
Montgomery (16 Avenue N.W.)
Centre Street N. (River to 16 Avenue - part of Green Line)

Strategize (Priority):
4 Street N.W.
Kensington Road N.W. (Segment 2 - Crowchild Trail to 14 Street)
Centre Street N.E. (Segment 2 & 3 - 16 Avenue to north of 32 Avenue)
Edmonton Trail N.E. (Segments 1 to 3 - River to north of 32 Avenue)
36 Street N.E.
10 Avenue S.W.
14 Street (Segment 1 - River to 17 Avenue)

Strategize (Non-Priority):
10 Street N.W.
14 Street N.W. (Segment 2 - River to 8 Avenue)
16 Avenue N.W (Segment 2 - 16 Avenue to Centre St.)
Edmonton Trail N.E.
36 Street N.E.
Macleod Trail
Richmond Road S.W.
4 Street S.W.
14 Street S.W. (Segment 2 - 17 to 33 Avenues)
17 Avenue S.W. (Segment 2 - 14 Street to Crowchild Trail)
17 Avenue S. (Segment 3 - 14 Street S.W. to Macleod Trail S.E.)

Last edited:
In reference to the conversation on the WestUrban 37th Thread about 37th St being a priority for a main street redo: https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/f...n-faas-architecture.32979/page-3#post-1800193

I looked up the city's priorities for Main Streets... Biggest takeaway for me was seeing Macleod Trail not being a priority. Isn't that the south's 'Main Street'? Not to mention that its a massive project, stretching 11 Kilometers from Willow Park Drive to the Bow River. You'd think you would want to get started on at least the portion from Glenmore to 17th Ave? A proper 'Main Street' could really draw some development to that corridor to really give it some life. The other parts, I agree with the city are not that important.

Build Phase:
17 Avenue S.W. (Segment 1 - 37 Street S.W. to Crowchild Trail)
37 Street S.W.
Montgomery (Segment 1 - Bowness Road N.W. )
Bridgeland (Phase 1 - Edmonton Trail)

Design:
33 and 34 Avenues S.W.

Plan:
Bowness Road N.W.
Inglewood (9 Avenue S.E.)
Montgomery (16 Avenue N.W.)
Centre Street N. (River to 16 Avenue - part of Green Line)

Strategize (Priority):
4 Street N.W.
Kensington Road N.W. (Segment 2 - Crowchild Trail to 14 Street)
Centre Street N.E. (Segment 2 & 3 - 16 Avenue to north of 32 Avenue)
Edmonton Trail N.E. (Segments 1 to 3 - River to north of 32 Avenue)
36 Street N.E.
10 Avenue S.W.
14 Street (Segment 1 - River to 17 Avenue)

Strategize (Non-Priority)
10 Street N.W.
14 Street N.W. (Segment 2 - River to 8 Avenue)
16 Avenue N.W (Segment 2 - 16 Avenue to Centre St.)
Edmonton Trail N.E.
36 Street N.E.
Macleod Trail
Richmond Road S.W.
4 Street S.W.
14 Street S.W. (Segment 2 - 17 to 33 Avenues)
17 Avenue S.W. (Segment 2 - 14 Street to Crowchild Trail)
17 Avenue S. (Segment 3 - 14 Street S.W. to Macleod Trail S.E.)
Bridgeland must have just moved to the Build Phase, because it and 33 and 34 Ave S.W. had been on the same timeline.

Bridgeland must have just moved to the Build Phase, because it and 33 and 34 Ave S.W. had been on the same timeline.
From the city's website: Construction for Bridgeland Main Street Phase 1 is anticipated to begin Q2 2022.

I assume the build for 33 and 34 will be next spring or maybe Q3 2022.

Think taller…
1647638146124.png

Happy friday folks!

Back