News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Ahhhh, I remember that story. Freaking shame about SDAB basically kyboshing the whole process. I, for one, hate contextual front setback rules. Ruins streetscapes, creates unusable space, reduces ability for functional front porches that actually interact with the sidewalk.
I think this is one of the worst examples of having to comply with a contextual front setback rule. This whole condo building pushed so far back from Memorial because one old house remained on the block:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0566...4!1sGuN25cHtWNAqwLX6M8ViaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The RBC site on 10th Street NW has O2 Planning + Design representing Graywood Developments presenting to the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Planning Committee next month. They are apparently going to be proposing a Land Use Amendment for the site. The current community ARP allows for a 32 meter height and FAR of 5.0 on the site, making it a parcel that currently allows the greatest height in the area.

With St. John's directly to the south, Safeway east across 10th (and the LRT station) this is a prime site screaming for redevelopment from the current one floor RBC building and parking lot. Hoping we could get something really good in this location.

I'm not a betting man, but if I had to bet I would put money on 500 Block. The fact that they've been through the tendering process and now look to be in demo mode, is a good sign.

It's a musical chairs contest. There's about three chairs for the dozen or so proposals in the running to snag.

Great news. I remember there being a proposal for that spot already, but I would assume it fall through or something.
The RBC site on 10th Street NW has O2 Planning + Design representing Graywood Developments presenting to the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Planning Committee next month. They are apparently going to be proposing a Land Use Amendment for the site. The current community ARP allows for a 32 meter height and FAR of 5.0 on the site, making it a parcel that currently allows the greatest height in the area.

With St. John's directly to the south, Safeway east across 10th (and the LRT station) this is a prime site screaming for redevelopment from the current one floor RBC building and parking lot. Hoping we could get something really good in this location.

Wow! That's great news. That's one of the last lots on that block that needs to be filled in.

All that's left is the Osterio site and the Safeway.

Speaking of empty lots....... Check out this image of Calgary from the 80's.

Image6.jpg

Attachments

• Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 416
Yep, looks a bit like a fugly concrete fortress. Very dull and grey.

Anyone heard any news on the other proposals? Like the 3 Eau Claire one I believe it's called?

Back