News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Absolutely. The slope of the entire dog park is directed toward the storm water pond as well.

Does anyone know what SAIT's expansion plans are?

For now it is a demolish and wait situation. They are building a tent in the meantime.

1676306973014.png

1676307028608.png

I fully expect the tent to still exist in 20 years.

What? Why 20 years?

For now it is a demolish and wait situation. They are building a tent in the meantime.

View attachment 456044
View attachment 456045

I fully expect the tent to still exist in 20 years.
I don’t know, they have a boatload of money to spend now so hopefully it goes forward.

I wasn't a student at SAIT but I liked the Gateway as a live music venue. It was perfect for a certain size of live show... room for a standing crowd but also seating at the back still facing the stage if you wanted it. Better than, for example, the King Eddie or the Palomino, or Broken City. Of course the easy LRT accessibility after a few drinks didn't hurt. Basically it was like Dickens but with a nice view. Anyway hopefully we get something like that back.

I don’t know, they have a boatload of money to spend now so hopefully it goes forward.
Unless I missed the announcement they have the money from SAITSA (which has yet to come to an agreement with SAIT) and that’s it. Funding information and more than a vague vision for the new building is decidedly absent.

Whatever led them to move forward with demolition without commitment it must of been bad.

Back