News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

stinky-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't hate it. It's sure better than the current form of beige box.

To me it looks like they're trying to tie the design of the +15 in to the building. Side note, is this the first residential conversion with a +15 connection? It's a pretty key piece of the network in that corner of downtown.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't hate it. It's sure better than the current form of beige box.

To me it looks like they're trying to tie the design of the +15 in to the building. Side note, is this the first residential conversion with a +15 connection? It's a pretty key piece of the network in that corner of downtown.

Eau Claire Place II is currently undergoing residential conversion and has a +15 connection. But it's at the "end of the line" rather than the middle of the network.

I don't hate it, but don't love it. It should be pretty burried in the skyline. The murals at street level probably make things more interesting there.

This also feels a little closer to the actual core (aside from Paliser), as other conversions are more West End and Eau Claire.

We all want to see palaces built, but that won't work for PeopleFirst, as they offer a decent amount of units at a little below market rates. These less than visually attractive projects can bring the people downtown that demand amenities. Those amenities could be theatres, a downtown grogery store, places that are open after 7PM etc.

As those amenities arrive, it now becomes mere attractive for those that will pay for a beautiful building to get built.

These less than visually attractive projects can bring the people downtown that demand amenities. Those amenities could be theatres, a downtown grogery store, places that are open after 7PM etc.

As those amenities arrive, it now becomes mere attractive for those that will pay for a beautiful building to get built.
That's a good point.

I don't hate it, but don't love it. It should be pretty burried in the skyline. The murals at street level probably make things more interesting there.

This also feels a little closer to the actual core (aside from Paliser), as other conversions are more West End and Eau Claire.

We all want to see palaces built, but that won't work for PeopleFirst, as they offer a decent amount of units at a little below market rates. These less than visually attractive projects can bring the people downtown that demand amenities. Those amenities could be theatres, a downtown grogery store, places that are open after 7PM etc.

Agreed, this helps to get the ball rolling. What we really need is tax incentives for new residential development downtown. This is very common in major US cities.

We all want to see palaces built, but that won't work for PeopleFirst, as they offer a decent amount of units at a little below market rates. These less than visually attractive projects can bring the people downtown that demand amenities.

This could look so much better for absolutely no fucking cost. Just rearrange the panels from the ice cream cone/ mountain theme to something more tasteful. Sure, we all want more people downtown. The city will attract more people downtown with honey than vinegar. Downtown Toronto can get away with being ugly. They have enough people living there already. Downtown Calgary in suburbia has a reputation to reverse.

P.S. Ugly is vinegar.

Back