News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

This older apartment building is undergoing some exterior renovations 411 14 ST NW

https://dmap.calgary.ca/?p=DP2024-03544 Looks to be adding some CRUs and some landscaping. I wonder if the entire building is getting an exterior refresh? It has definitely seen better days.
I believe the Calgary Housing Portfolio is being invested in to preserve units after the Bridgeland debacle.

I don’t think we’ve seen this on here before, but this is what Zeidler is doing to the ground floor of Nexen Tower. Not bad, nice even.

3A73BC7F-8CC0-4CB3-B88D-D1D01D947E1A.jpeg

4DEB133C-E576-4371-A4BF-DFD30DA9D99E.jpeg

I have noticed the Nexen building is a lot busier recently compared to this time last year. Have they possibly added some tenants?
Doesn't look like it, most of the floors are available. It's probably tough to attract smaller tenants when so much of the building is empty, there's just a lack of amenities and services and its location isn't the most central.

1724775377896.png

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised there's not an Apple Store in The Core. I feel that Calgary is easily big enough to support a 3rd Apple Store. Vancouver has 5 with like 1.5x our population...
They should at least refurbish the store at Chinook and Market. Chinook still has the Genius logos on the back wall and the dim metallic silver appearance looks pretty dated

Update on the Olympic Plaza design work. While I'm happy to hear that they are contemplating a skating rink in the design, I hope they recognize that what people love about Olympic Plaza currently is that the skating rink has refrigeration so it is one of the only outdoor rinks in the city that offers a quality skating experience throughout the winter Chinook cycle. Just having a flat surface they can flood to make the same kind of backyard quality outdoor rink that can be found in dozens of Calgary communities would be an extreme disappointment but something tells me that is probably the direction they are headed. I would hate to see the splash park/fountain feature dissappear as well as that is a strong draw for people in the summer months but it doesn't get much of a mention anywhere.

Back