News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I just don't see the economics of this for them? Will it really drive that much business for them?
I chatted with them a couple years ago. It is literally them 'giving back', using their skills and influence to bring together a project that should exist that doesn't because it is hard work that requires a long time to align all the different players.

I also think once it is done, there will be a big change in how Parks Canada views projects in the park at some point over the next 30 years. Building a gondola to Norquay base might be back on the table, as would maybe future things in base area development that largely replaces the parking at Norquay.

The development environment is the gamble (not something we talked about). But I think a good one. 500, 1000 rooms at a ski-in ski-out hotel with access to banff itself would be a HUGE boost, as would the value it would bring to the underdog ski area in the park.

Last edited:
A friend sent me some details on that Quadreal site Michael mentioned, near Currie Barracks.

The original proposal from 2018 was 891 units. They now want to double that to around 1800 units. Rutland Park Community Association is opposed.

fawjjfwajofwjoafaw.PNG

This is the original outline plan from 2018, expect to see it doubled.

Screenshot_2024-09-10_at_1.59.58_PM.png

Back