News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Find a way to make it work so we can see that section developed ;)
Thanks pal I’ll do some napkin site plans and proformas and see if I can make them work 👌

So little confused and I hope I don't offend with this....

I know developers can't know all sites for sale in a City. I just would have thought that a set of inner city, oversized, ~10 lots all adjacent to each other, with direct control zoning would of been on the radar of developers, and am surprised me posting here would of made any difference to the visibility of the lots?

I mean, I love Parkhill so bias as heck as I said, but the location has to be half decent even when accounting for my bias (and I assume semi rare to get this much inner city combined land area).

For the record, as I have become a cheerleader for the lots - I don't have any financial stake in the lots (or know the owner at all) other than I live close and I think them developed helps my land value and enjoyment of the area! We have already seen an awesome change in the last 4 years with the Barley belt setting up on the otherside of MacLeod, and even CO-OP's apartments being built is better than the dealership that was there.

So little confused and I hope I don't offend with this....

I know developers can't know all sites for sale in a City. I just would have thought that a set of inner city, oversized, ~10 lots all adjacent to each other, with direct control zoning would of been on the radar of developers, and am surprised me posting here would of made any difference to the visibility of the lots?

I mean, I love Parkhill so bias as heck as I said, but the location has to be half decent even when accounting for my bias (and I assume semi rare to get this much inner city combined land area).

For the record, as I have become a cheerleader for the lots - I don't have any financial stake in the lots (or know the owner at all) other than I live close and I think them developed helps my land value and enjoyment of the area! We have already seen an awesome change in the last 4 years with the Barley belt setting up on the otherside of MacLeod, and even CO-OP's apartments being built is better than the dealership that was there.
Depends on your role in the company really, I am primarily focused on development execution and do acquisitions work only part of the time when people send me things. Usually it comes from a CRE broker, junior analyst in the company or a connection outside of the company. Also we're usually just plain busy, i need to work out feasibility studies on four other pieces of land before i have any time to look at these Parkhill sites, often we pass up sites because we just don't have the time to look at it as we have so many other projects on the go.

And i also would like to see these lots developed as i also live nearby.

Just putting a couple of interesting proposals for Seton here. Looks like Brookfield is planning a decent hub around the intersection of Market Street and Main Street SE.
Here are the two DP links:

The first is a Market Hall commercial building. But it's DP package also shows the overall land use plan for the intersection:
1657316497985.png

Renderings for the market hall, which is the NE corner of the intersection:
1657316536611.png

And then the mixed use building in the NW corner of the intersection. This one appears to have a unique parkade, with open deck parkign on the 2nd level, leading right to the back door of the townhomes that are stacked on top of retail:
1657316640788.png

1657316681715.png

1657316707404.png

1657316729612.png

1657316761601.png

Some renderings being shared around for the Humptys site on 16th ave NW, the parking lot on Home Road, and the residential property next door to Humptys on 46 th st NW.

IMG-20220714-WA0001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220714-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220714-WA0000.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20220714-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220714-WA0004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20220714-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220714-WA0005.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20220714-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220714-WA0003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20220714-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220714-WA0002.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 30
DP submitted for the old Mexican restaurant on the corner of Memorial and 10th ST NW. They're going residential on this one now.
I wish that building where that weed store adjacent to this would see redevelopment too.

Going from restaurant to residential??? I know the structure is about 2 stories with large window space but I have never heard of that type of conversion before.

DP submitted for the old Mexican restaurant on the corner of Memorial and 10th ST NW. They're going residential on this one now.
I wish that building where that weed store adjacent to this would see redevelopment too.

Looks like it's just for the enclosure of a balcony (balconies?) on the existing condo. Doubt they're converting the restaurant space.

Back