News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The west don lands is a fantastic area! I'm moving in soon and just had a walk around the first Scandinavian neighbourhood in Toronto. Cobblestone, parks, no cars, no street grid, big playgrounds for children, selected commercial tenants. Hope it will develop well!

Just a quick iPhone shot of the storm water treatment plant being installed designed by gh3. The most complicated underground work is done with the superb superstructure going up this summer. Photo taken 14 May 2016 on a disappointingly cold, rainy day.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 968
Last edited:
Just a quick iPhone shot of the storm water treatment plant being installed designed by gh3. The most complicated underground work is done with the superb superstructure going up this summer. Photo taken 14 May 2016 on a disappointingly cold, rainy day.

I had assume it was ALL underground, what will the external building look like?

The incredibly fun fountain/water feature along Front here is currently not working. It is one of the most delightful and popular bits of the public art on this stretch, and I hope they getting it running again soon.

The incredibly fun fountain/water feature along Front here is currently not working. It is one of the most delightful and popular bits of the public art on this stretch, and I hope they getting it running again soon.
Yes, it was on a week ago and off yesterday. Is it a City thing or a developer thing?

Not that I can say the fountain ISN'T broken - but as far as I can tell, the fountain is activated by placing a hand over one of the four green buttons on the posts that surround the space. The buttons glow at night, and have a hand icon on them. I've been able to turn the water on like this once - but not late at night. So I'm not sure if theres a timer on the activation.

Not that I can say the fountain ISN'T broken - but as far as I can tell, the fountain is activated by placing a hand over one of the four green buttons on the posts that surround the space. The buttons glow at night, and have a hand icon on them. I've been able to turn the water on like this once - but not late at night. So I'm not sure if theres a timer on the activation.
Yes, of course it's not running 100% of the time. We tried to activate it on Saturday evening - it was not working.

Does anyone have a clue as to why so many of the businesses here not only remain empty, but don't appear to have made any progress in weeks? Developer, city or business issues?

Tabulé and Dark Horse are very active and look like they'll be open in a couple of weeks. Sukothai is slower, but there still appears to be progress. A few of the storefronts have signs but obviously haven't started construction, and I presume that's likely a business decision. The one spot that seems to have stalled is Fuel, the coffee/power shake place.

FUEL+ was present at the Cooper Koo Family YMCA open house with snacks a few months ago.

Back