News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I can't believe I'm saying this but Adam Giambrone might be the challenger. He's remaining very political and opinionated via Twitter. After 4 yrs of Ford, people may be begging for a return of David Miller. With Miller unavailable, his protege is a viable candidate specially if John Laschinger runs his campaign with David Miller by his side.

Follow @Adam_Giambrone to see what I'm talking about.

I like his political commentary, but even as a steadfast progressive I'd have trouble backing Giambrone. It's not the sex scandal, but rather the way he lied and forged an email in an effort to cover it up.

I strongly believe that if, when the Kristen Lucas thing broke, Giambrone had just brushed it off with honesty -- yes, it's true, I'm a single man who likes to bang women -- it wouldn't have mattered. That he crumbled so badly under a little bit of media scrutiny rules him out in my book.

If Giambrone is the progressive's hope in 2014, then Ford will win with an even bigger mandate.

That's doubtful. There's no way Giambrone/Laschinger would be as terrible at running a coherent campaign as the Smitherman crew was.

Still, I doubt Laschinger will be eager to work with Adam again.

Personally, I think Giambrone's more likely headed for provincial or federal politics...

The only (present) federal barrier is a lack of open seats to run in--though redistribution and retirements can change plenty...

Exactly. The NDP surge in Quebec is a likely a short-lived phenomenon.

Maybe...depends on how they handle it; or for that matter, who's leading which party w/which kind of strategy. (Like, if Maxime Bernier's the next Conservative leader, then bye bye to a whole slew of Quebec NPDers. Maybe.)

I hear Layton's son started some bike committees to replace the ones the Ford administration canned or something. Maybe Layton will be a challenger to Ford over the next few years and rise up as his main challenger next election?

^^ Possibly. He's still young but is quickly making a name for himself, and with his dad being as popular as he is today, he may have a shot.

It's not the sex scandal, but rather the way he lied and forged an email in an effort to cover it up.
During the election Ford lied about his drunk driving conviction, arrest for drug possession, and attempt to bribe a police officer. He's been caught in several other lies over the years, such as denying he was even at the ACC one evening, but later admitting he had been there and abused people while drunk. Not to mention many of the things that he promised during the campaign, but later turned out to be lies.

While I'm not sure that Giambrone would be the best candidate, it would appear that lying in itself isn't an issue. Giambrone's mistake would have been thinking that the electorate cared.

I'd think the first thing really is to see if Ford is running in 2014. Given how unhealthy he looks (really, he only just turned 42???) it's questionable if he'd even be running in 2014. And given his very long history of alcoholism, drug use, and run-ins with the police, then who knows what the situation will be in 2014.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see a strong right-wing challenger.

Back