News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Now if these buses were on a bus guide-way, they would say on the road.
If they were on a bus guide-way, they would pop out of the guideway due to snow and ice accumulation creating little ramps everywhere along the guideway.

The white bar signals at Dundas and Broadview have been removed. Replaced with the generic advance green arrow.
I suppose it's the same, but it is of note to see streetcar specific infrastructure disappearing.

Last edited:
I wonder why this hasn't been posted[video=youtube;wZid6yLSmsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZid6yLSmsE[/video]

I wonder why this hasn't been posted[video=youtube;wZid6yLSmsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZid6yLSmsE[/video]

That's common...see that all the time. Buses are never on time...they either show up in bunches or 20 - 30 mins apart...which makes me wonder, what is the purpose of putting up the schedule at the stops...

This is why I think all LRT should have it's own road, and not be mixed with cars.

Never going to happen. Considering the mess they made of the St Clair ROW, and I live in the area so I saw it first hand, I have zero confidence in the city/TTC doing this properly. Ever.

Never going to happen. Considering the mess they made of the St Clair ROW, and I live in the area so I saw it first hand, I have zero confidence in the city/TTC doing this properly. Ever.

So how do you explain the Roncesvalles track replacement (as well as many other TTC construction projects) being completed on time and under budget?

The TTC is clearly capable of doing streetcar construction effectively, though there have certainly been some screw ups.

That's common...see that all the time. Buses are never on time...they either show up in bunches or 20 - 30 mins apart...which makes me wonder, what is the purpose of putting up the schedule at the stops...

Dufferin is a very frequent route to be fair ... in certain stretch sub 3/4 min is common (i.e. based on the schedule) you should check out Finch east, which at one point of the day is in the 2 min range ! It's crazy ...

Of course they never come on time, but again with sub 5 min it's basically impossible.

Having said that, the TTC still sucks ... because many routes where the frequency is in the 10 min range they still manage to bunch up (i.e. 2 or 3 together) and then a 20min wait or something ...

Having said that, the TTC still sucks ... because many routes where the frequency is in the 10 min range they still manage to bunch up (i.e. 2 or 3 together) and then a 20min wait or something ...
Exactly -- those are the routes where bunching is really annoying if your timing is unlucky. Finch East and Dufferin are a breeze by comparison.

Are you another of those that can't seperate the St Clair LRT works from the St Clair Urban Redevelopment works? What specifically about the LRT ROW was a mess? Even if it were one project, that's like saying every subway Toronto builds in the future will be as useful as Sheppard.

I think we need to get back to reality when it comes to articulated buses. Cities across the country, most of which get far more snow than Toronto, run arctics with little issues. And I've been left high and dry by standard 40 foot buses because they've gotten stuck in inclement weather.

Yes, the arctics Toronto got back in the 80s were duds. But they were built 25 years ago in the USSR! The Soviet Union was not known were their auto workmanship qualities, and the technology with arctics has improved to improve safety, stability, and reliability.

I think the real reason so many here are so against these buses is that they see them as a threat to our streetcars, which is ridiculous. Despite what Boogyman Ford says, they are not going anywhere anytime soon. We've invested too much in completed infrastructure over the last couple of decades to simply tear them out and replace them with buses. Plus once the new LRVs start making rounds in the next couple of years turning our current antiqued tram routes into ultra light rail, there will be no turning back. No, articulated buses would be used mostly along suburban arterials with high passenger volumes and higher order express and BRT lines as well.

Why did they build the Sheppard Subway anyway? Can someone please enlighten me (sparing any sarcasm).

"Network 2011 proposed that construction begin on a new line beneath Sheppard Avenue, initially from Yonge Street to Victoria Park Avenue. Eventually extending from an extension of the Spadina Subway to the Scarborough Town Centre, this route would provide a trunk route between two developing suburban downtowns, relieve dependence upon the Bloor-Danforth subway for crosstown commutes, and offer a strong transit alternative to the growing suburbs north of Toronto.

`North York Mayor Mel Lastman says the (Sheppard) route should be rejected because it would spell an end to many of the quiet, residential neighbourhoods lining Sheppard Avenue. Instead, he says, Metro should ease traffic congestion for commuters heading downtown by building a transit line next to the Don Valley Parkway.'

- Ross Laver
reporting on the political voices surrounding the rapid transit debate... in 1982.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5111.shtml

Will you ever tire of using anecedotal evidence to push your anti-streetcar views? You've been called out enough times to understand, no one is going to believe what you say anymore. The problems on St. Clair had nothing to do with the ROW portion of the project, it was mostly due to poor management between the utilities and the city. Only ignoramuses stiil believethe ROW was the sole cause of the mess on St. Clair.

And it's all in the past anyways, St. Clair is a much improved corridor, and the 512 is actually quicker with the ROW in place.

Back