News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think this two days of "lying in state" will attract that many people? Attendance at FordFest and other Fordian events dropped off dramatically in recent months and many of the supporters don't live that close by. Always excepting Iola of course.

I'm just glad it was The Sun and not The Star. And why would this kid walk out there and make a statement? Doug orchestrated this from beginning to end.

My grandkids were very curious about the death of their neighbour and the mother of their playmate, they had questions, not statements. Douggie was coached or led on, more along the lines of "did your father buy you toys" "was he the best dad ever?" Heck if the answers were yes, it's easy to fabricate into perfect fodder for the Sun to publish. I agree, someone needed to give permission for this to happen.

Having said this, exploiting these kids needs to stop. Let them grieve in peace.

Does anyone think this two days of "lying in state" will attract that many people? Attendance at FordFest and other Fordian events dropped off dramatically in recent months and many of the supporters don't live that close by. Always excepting Iola of course.
It all depends on which bobbleheads they give out

My grandkids were very curious about the death of their neighbour and the mother of their playmate, they had questions, not statements. Douggie was coached or led on, more along the lines of "did your father buy you toys" "was he the best dad ever?" Heck if the answers were yes, it's easy to fabricate into perfect fodder for the Sun to publish. I agree, someone needed to give permission for this to happen.

Having said this, exploiting these kids needs to stop. Let them grieve in peace.

Indeed. Trying to get him to answer questions for his behaviour = media abuse/hysteria. Interviewing the kids who've just suffered a loss = crickets. Like honestly, dragging the kids to the point of getting them to say distinctively unkiddy things in front of a friendly paper is just gross.

AoD

View attachment 70547

The chalk memorial has not exactly gone viral. About 60 people in line now to sign the condolence book.

And...really. I've said it before How tacky and civically illiterate can you be to plant (as Mammoliti did) the chalk memorial epicentre at the Toronto sign? Remember Layton? That was all over the square, long before the Toronto sign was put up--and as such, *it was far more effective*. This looks...meagre. Utterly meagre. And it pitches to some nincompoop notion that within NPS, the Toronto sign is all that matters...

Wait...you left a mocking message in a book of condolences that his kids, nephew, and other relatives will read?

Well...don't be surprised if there'll be more "mocking messages" at large than the family bargained on. When you become a major-league international punchline, you reap what you sow.

Well...don't be surprised if there'll be more "mocking messages" at large than the family bargained on. When you become a major-league international punchline, you reap what you sow.

If people really do that, they're absolute scum. Sorry, whatever you think of the man, there's a chance his children will be reading those books growing up. They just lost a dad, and you want to mock them? You should feel ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back