News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thread has been 3 years of running speculation from MetroMan's (anonymous) "reliable sources." What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Sandro Lisi being released is nothing short of vindication for the Ford's and a smack in the face of the conspiracy theorists with a healthy dose of reality and truth. The only obstruction and conspiracy I see is a witch hunt perpetrated by the left wing media backed by the downtown elites and spread on leftist forums like UT.

They couldn't stop the Ford's at the ballot box so they spy on them and try to intimidate them into backing down from the housecleaning they're doing down at City Hall. Trying to overturn the results of the election is subverting democracy, which is a far cry from the values the leftists claim to support. Bunch of hypocrites.

The Star and Globe buying a plane to peep into their backyards is over the line and Gary Giroux should be ashamed for supporting them. He is a career paper-pusher who would be unemployable if he didn't have his union thugs at City Hall protecting him. Be a man! If these people have a problem with the Ford's they should take care of it face to face, man to man. Call him any time! Knock on his door any time! Leave his family and his kids out of it.

Oh my god had this ever be a gigantic joke. In the event that it's not, I feel compelled to tell you that "being released on bail" isn't quite what you'd call vindication

So the infamous crack video was filmed using his own cell phone?!? And then he lost it? what a dumbass.

That would be quite funny if that is the case. It is also possible that the video is not on his phone but there was incriminating evidence on the device including suspicious contacts, messages and voice mails.

It would be funny. Who knows if it was the same cell, though. The Star article isn't suggesting that it was the same phone. I was confused at first but it appears there were two instances where Lisi was asked to retrieve something for Ford. First, his phone which he apparently found. And the second time was for the crack video months later. But for the record, Doolittle mentioned tonight that the video was shot in landscape as opposed to the annoying portrait way.

Last edited:
It would be funny. Who knows if it was the same cell, though. The Star article isn't suggesting that it was the same phone. But for the record, Doolittle mentioned tonight that the video was shot in landscape as opposed to the annoying portrait way.

Doolittle has clarified that she is not suggesting Fords phone was used to record the crack video

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 6m
So just to be clear: there is no suggestion this was the phone used to video tape Rob Ford appearing to smoke crack cocaine.

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 5m
This is a story about a friend of Ford making efforts to retrieve something. Something like this would happen again a few months later...

If Lisi was already on TPS' radar back in March as a result of a caper to retrieve Rob Ford's stolen phone they probably had wire taps on him back in March and all the way up to the present time which means that they could very well have many conversations with Rob Ford recorded as well a conversations related to the attempt to retrieve the video from the house on Windsor Rd.

Whether or not the deeper cesspool of drugs, violence, crime, corruption, and whatever else many of us suspect to exist is ever revealed and disgraces the mayor, there can be a fascinating story here for a writer. Something like Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, where the author uses a factual incident but spends a lot of time telling tales of the colorful characters surrounding it.

Some aspects of the Ford story that would interest me in Doolittle's prospective book:

The rise of the Ford family, especially how the father born into a large impoverished family in East York gained enough affluence and connections to provide a foundation for Ford's rise to mayor.

Drugs - the serious addiction of the sister, the 70's entrepreneurship of Doug and his buddy Dave, the present Etobicoke drug culture of Rob's middle-aged loser buddies and the Somalis.

The competing cultures of Old Toronto downtown and the former suburbs, in how they regard government, how they think about cars, transit and urban development.

High School Football - it's prominence in Ontario versus in American culture, in the time of Ford's highschool years versus now (I think there's a lot less participation and attention, and in many places is being replaced by rugby).

Populism and anti-tax politics. How media has responded to Ford's popularity.

We need to get David Simon up here. With all these story threads, it sounds like the second coming of The Wire!

Perhaps they video messaged Ford a copy of the video at some point?

Not sure what phone he has, but most smartphones have GPS tracking built in, or at least apps which can download which will track it for you. If they had info on where it was, why not just go to the police? Why go to the trouble of illegitimate means to get the phone back?

Okay, so Ford got the cellphone back awhile ago. Now what? Continue the investigation into the retrieval of the video? Shouldn't all of that stuff be wrapped up by now? Why the plane?

Perhaps they video messaged Ford a copy of the video at some point?

Not sure what phone he has, but most smartphones have GPS tracking built in, or at least apps which can download which will track it for you. If they had info on where it was, why not just go to the police? Why go to the trouble of illegitimate means to get the phone back?

You're a smart guy. I'm sure you and the rest of us know :cool:

Why all these leaks from TPS in the last week, when they were so tight-lipped for so long?

I'd say they're trying to spin the stories that will come up when/if the Project Traveller subpoenas are released. Like maybe the wiretaps show the police dropped the ball on this investigation earlier. Maybe they let a certain video cellphone get destroyed back in the spring? Just conjecture...

I'm catching up on 'Breaking Bad' right now, and I can't help but remember Walter White's notorious 'second cell phone' in the light of this recent development.
I'm sure the mayor's not making signature blue-coloured batches of meth with a shady accomplice -- but I wonder if he, like a lot of people, has different phones for his private and business personae.

He seems so attached to the notion of being accessible and handing out his number to constituents... I wonder if he maintains a separate 'personal number' for family and friends, or even a burner for shadier activities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back