News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

looking through the leaked budget thing again, I noticed something about an announcement in Barrie for GO transit.. I wonder what that is. More full time trains to Barrie much like they are doing for Kitchener? AD2W to Barrie as well?

That's what I meant by compliant equipment. I'm quite certain that they're not authorized to operate at LRC speeds without the banking. I've never heard a hotbox/wayside detector give a VIA train a speed reading of 100mph.

Out past Kingston, there are a couple of locations with 100mph passenger zone speeds. The HEP equipment is limited to 90 or 95, but the LRCs are allowed to make use of the extra speed.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Out past Kingston, there are a couple of locations with 100mph passenger zone speeds. The HEP equipment is limited to 90 or 95, but the LRCs are allowed to make use of the extra speed.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there were still sections that LRC coaches, even with banking disabled/removed, were allowed to go 100 MPH - I imagine this include the straight sections of track on the 1950s re-routing of the Kingston Sub, as well as parts of the Brockville and Smiths Falls Subs?

Thanks for clarifying. I thought there were still sections that LRC coaches, even with banking disabled/removed, were allowed to go 100 MPH - I imagine this include the straight sections of track on the 1950s re-routing of the Kingston Sub, as well as parts of the Brockville and Smiths Falls Subs?

I don't know about on the Brockville Sub, but most certainly yes for the re-routing of the Kingston Sub and even out past Cornwall, and on the Smiths Falls Sub.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There's an EA underway for a passing track on the Barrie line between Steeles Ave and Rutherford GO, not sure that would warrant an announcement of anything though, it's still single track most of the way.
It ties into the new GO Station for the Sheppard Subway that will see the closing of the University Station/move it when the subway starts. It also will be for the all day service when it starts in the next decade.

The next EA for the line is reopening of the the original EA for the CP Diamond once the current grade separation is completed for the West Toronto Diamond in 2015. Like it or not, this has to be an elevated grade separation with a station at St Clair and Eglinton.

The next EA for the line is reopening of the the original EA for the CP Diamond once the current grade separation is completed for the West Toronto Diamond in 2015. Like it or not, this has to be an elevated grade separation with a station at St Clair and Eglinton.

They were showing a much better lowered grade separation as an option when they originally launched the EA. The neighbours are crazy if they opt for elevated heavy rail. The year of noise doing a West Toronto Diamond style dig down is far better for the long term.

They were showing a much better lowered grade separation as an option when they originally launched the EA. The neighbours are crazy if they opt for elevated heavy rail. The year of noise doing a West Toronto Diamond style dig down is far better for the long term.

The problem is a greater issue for CP here than the West Toronto Diamond as it will have a major impact on CP MacTier Sub. You got both sub being effected with the double the number of trains going though this area than TWD. CP will dictate the final out come more than the neighbourhood.

I don't think Metrolinx want to go through the same mess as the West Diamond here even if it is only a double track one in the first place.

Have to wait and see what comes out as proposal in 2015/16

Webcam photo of East Gwillumbury Facility under construction. There's a whole bunch of Webcams at http://ucitonline.com/timelapsecamera.html for other projects too.

http://ucitonline.com/timelapsecamera.html

image1.jpg

Had my first close up look at the Clarkson New Parking Structure and can't believe they still don't have all the roof decking in place yet. Seen larger roof place in haft the time it taking them to do this one.

Lime green material being added to the building now and all the stair wells and elevators are enclosed as well.

Still months away before this gets open and sure it behind schedule as well. More up on site.
13813069705_b1f83792e5_b.jpg

13813111313_1867f381a4_b.jpg

13813117483_7e4ba6a974_b.jpg

13813108435_9d512a1561_b.jpg

13813118225_6072616dba_b.jpg

I'm sure these are more common than I think but first time seeing a double decker in the new colours. Looks nice and bold!

fyqFRJc.jpg

I'm really glad to hear this. When go released the electrification study I was so disappointed by the time line. I really hope this speeds up the electrification. I think one of the major benefits of this is that the areas around the stations can be developed into transit oriented communities instead of incredibly wasteful surface parking lots. This will help create denser urban centres spread throughout the region hopefully reducing sprawl.

Back