News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked about the role of the bylaw officers and parks supervisors, and whether they have the ability to shut the event down in progress.

If the onus is on mayor to follow the policies, then why does the senior staff need to inform him of that? Does senior staff (much less any staff in general) do so for every applicant?

AoD

Someone should ask the various city hall people saying they'll monitor the situation exactly what they'll do when Ford campaigns at his campaign party in the park.

I'd also wonder if there's any gossip or murmurs up the pike from those who went to school with Mikey--unless he was *that* meek and anonymous, that is.

And another thing I've been whimsically mulling: given how backfiring-prone the Ford Nation machine's been this year, I wouldn't be surprised if this year's Ford Fest gets hit by a cronut-burger-esque food poisoning outbreak--now, *that'd* throw one heck of a monkey wrench into the works.

Or a World Youth Day-style downpour + portapotty deluge.

Tom Jakobek--23 in 1982. And an ambitious-for-his-age 23, at that.

Not that it makes any difference...I ran for Alderman in East York in 1972 I submitted my papers at 21...I lost to a future mayor and a long serving member who has a park and clubhouse named after him....

So RoFo did a photo op this morning at the city's traffic control centre (some equipment has been upgraded, front page story coming), and it seems, according to our reporter, that he was high. Pics of that are coming too.

In case we are ready for more wild-eyed speculation ...

brazen2.PNG

Attachments

• brazen2.PNG
    brazen2.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,006
Jeffcoat Dr ( Ward 2 ) was in the news last May.

I wonder if it will have any effect on the ward electing another Ford ( especially one who seems to be controlled by Doug )?

So RoFo did a photo op this morning at the city's traffic control centre (some equipment has been upgraded, front page story coming), and it seems, according to our reporter, that he was high. Pics of that are coming too.

Great, keep us in the loop in here :)

That article by Navneet Alang is really something. It amounts nothing more than the smug piety of a pretentious, self-satisfied prude who witnesses a bully waling away on a smaller, weaker victim, and does nothing but sniff disdainfully about it being such an unfortunate display...but doesn't attempt to step in until the person being waled on has the temerity to actually hit back. At that exact moment, the self-appointed social activist immediately begins shrieking that both sides are equally as bad, and aren't we ashamed of ourelves, sinking to Rob Ford's level? The bully's initial actions never seem to excite Alang's kind nearly half so much as when the people being victimized start making noises about punishing the bully. Then, it's "Why, I don't know who to believe!" and "Y'all are just as bad as he is!" and "A pox on both your houses!" Dear God!

Do you mean Griffin House?

Yes.
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=198140

"After receiving complaints from residents about police, fire and EMS vehicles blocking the street since the house opened, Doug told the Etobicoke Guardian: “My heart goes out to these kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house. If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and sell it.”

Last edited:
That article by Navneet Alang is really something. It amounts nothing more than the smug piety of a pretentious, self-satisfied prude who witnesses a bully waling away on a smaller, weaker victim, and does nothing but sniff disdainfully about it being such an unfortunate display...but doesn't attempt to step in until the person being waled on has the temerity to actually hit back. At that exact moment, the self-appointed social activist immediately begins shrieking that both sides are equally as bad, and aren't we ashamed of ourelves, sinking to Rob Ford's level? The bully's initial actions never seem to excite Alang's kind nearly half so much as when the people being victimized start making noises about punishing the bully. Then, it's "Why, I don't know who to believe!" and "Y'all are just as bad as he is!" and "A pox on both your houses!" Dear God!

Oh relax, everyone. The guy's just trolling in full sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back