News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only went to grade 9 when I was a kid, I believe he extended the funding just before he retired. I just recently found out that there's another school board for the French Catholic kids. They built a new state of the art school around the corner from me that has 70 kids for K-6 in a building that is meant to accommodate 150. Basically a private school education without the cost, not a bad deal.

I guess that's why you have a lot of non-Catholics sending their kids to Catholic schools. Screw the religion, they just want a private school experience paid by tax payers.

I guess that's why you have a lot of non-Catholics sending their kids to Catholic schools. Screw the religion, they just want a private school experience paid by tax payers.
The courts have recently ruled that your kid can be exempt from the religious classes at school. Isn't that why we have public schools? No religion?
Time for someone with the political will to deal with it, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime. Too much pandering.

Not very fearless prediction -- Karla will work the word "Judaism" into the conversation several times and pronounce it flawlessly each time.

"As far as I know, maybe my great-grandmother, maybe she did, but it was always kept hush-hush. We feared persecution."

Last edited:
That's a rather horrible thing to say. I may not like Ford's politics, but I don't see any need to attack or question his marriage.

I just assumed he's a bully in and out of politics (I've run into him over the years in my old hood and he seemed like a prick). Sorry I offended you.

A friend of a friend has written a Shakespearean play about a certain troubled monarch and his scheming brother. Free for a limited time from this link. I am just downloading the epub so have not read it yet but I hear the cast of characters alone is brilliant. If you don't have an e-reader, download the PDF for viewing on your computer.

King_Macford.jpg

ETA: Once it goes on sale, proceeds will go to the Griffin Centre.

Attachments

• King_Macford.jpg
    King_Macford.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
"As far as I know, maybe my great-grandmother, maybe she did, but it was always kept hush-hush. We feared persecution."

why would she or her mother's family fear persecution? It sounds more like shame ("don't tell anyone Grandma might've been Jewish, dear"). I feel terrible for saying that, but I don't trust this family one bit (and considering Rob's antiquated racist/antisemitic terms, I'm guessing Father Douglas Ford must have used them around the house)...playing victim (there are really people sending nasty letters to them?), Doug claiming he's not a politician. I was amused at them not-so-subtly throwing Rob under the bus for his behaviour (i.e. there will be no sensational stories and they won't have to go looking for Doug).

Last edited:
I believe he brought in public funding for the Catholic boards at the secondary level.

Thanks. I attended some secondary and most elementary schooling in a French heavy enclave of Ontario_Our Catholic schools were often French immersion. Or all one gender if English. It definitely muddled the issue. The Catholic schools were thought to have a tougher academic curriculum and some non Catholics attended for that reason.

why would she or her mother's family fear persecution? It sounds more like shame ("don't tell anyone Grandma might've been Jewish, dear"). I feel terrible for saying that, but I don't trust this family one bit...playing victim (there are really people sending nasty letters to them?), Doug claiming he's not a politician. I was amused at them not-so-subtly throwing Rob under the bus for his behaviour (i.e. there will be no sensational stories and they won't have to go looking for Doug).

I liked when he described his non-history with drugs.

He sounded like friggin' Beaver Cleaver! LMAO

View attachment 35766

Last edited:
I just assumed he's a bully in and out of politics (I've run into him over the years in my old hood and he seemed like a prick). Sorry I offended you.
That's nice of you Jimmi to apologize, but I don't see how it was offensive. I know I've often looked at couples and wondered how the hell they ever got together, let alone stayed together. Maybe she sees a side of Doug we don't? Maybe he saves all his douchebaggery for the public and his family gets the nice Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back