News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Well if she wants to be a "loyal player" but not have to serve under Ford, I guess a St. Paul's run isn't a bad idea.

BTW St. Paul's is Caroline Mulroney's "home" riding but she was wise enough not to run anywhere near there.

Elliott wouldn't have had a shot at beating Hoskins, who is extremely popular in the area, but it's an interesting ploy for her now that he's out of the picture -- she acquitted herself pretty well in the leadership, came across as a reasonable adult, and maintained a fairly moderate stance writ large, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that if she winds up running in St. Paul's she could win it. That would be a huge and (previously) unexpected pickup for the conservatives.

Elliott wouldn't have had a shot at beating Hoskins, who is extremely popular in the area, but it's an interesting ploy for her now that he's out of the picture -- she acquitted herself pretty well in the leadership, came across as a reasonable adult, and maintained a fairly moderate stance writ large, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that if she winds up running in St. Paul's she could win it. That would be a huge and (previously) unexpected pickup for the conservatives.

Uh, yes it pretty much is out of the realm of possibility.

Hoskins has resigned and running for feds to create a pharma program. Christine could win in St Paul’s as a lot of Forest Hill would vote for her as she’s more of a progressive conservative.

I agree with Keith. I am also calling a minority. Minority government isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
No, with our rubbish electoral system, it's actually a great thing!
None of this 35% jamming their policies down the rest's collective throat while claiming to have a mandate comedy.

This is why politicians kill me. They're all in it together now, good times ahead! If I were Elliott I would congratulate Ford on winning because I've got some class, but then would publicly disown him because I have some self-respect. Even Mulroney should walk away....quietly go about her own campaign and ignore the goon.

Hoskins is extremely unpopular with doctors. Those who know him best hate him.

I agree with Keith. I am also calling a minority. Minority government isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

What makes this election interesting (well, one of the many things) is that there's a decent case to be made for any of the three parties (sorry, Greens) winding up in charge of a minority.

Back