News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Another interesting thing that seems to be happening is the NDP taking support away from the Conservatives in Ontario.

That is the Liberal Party I fell in love with years ago, for me the Chretien Liberals represented what Canada should be about. When the Canadian Alliance came about things went to hell in a handbasket and you got leaders like Trudeau, Dion and Ignatieff. Now everyone cares about fighting with each other in the house, austerity and making a name for themselves in order to win votes. I would rather tear up my ballot than vote for Trudeau.

If the Chretien Liberals still existed I would be voting Liberal but the only party I feel that can truly make me proud to be Canadian again is the NDP.
If anyone likes Chretien, I would say policy wise Harper and Scheer are the closest we've seen since.
(Maybe Ignatieff too).

Another interesting thing that seems to be happening is the NDP taking support away from the Conservatives in Ontario.

That's not surprising. With Dougie in power here in Ontario people are leery about voting conservative. The Rhinocerous Party would do well here.

Even John Turmel could win in Ontario right now though I think the shock would likely kill him.

This is simply not true:

NDP is siphoning support from the Liberals, not Conservatives. Even Oshawa, which a few months ago y'all were convinced that the Tories would lose to the NDP, is looking solidly in our camp.

I am looking at the seat projections online and if the numbers hold true we could have a statistical tie.

338canada.com is predicting 132 seats for the CPC and 131 for the LPC. This gets me thinking.. what happens if the top 2 parties get an equal number of seats? Who would form government if both the CPC and LPC get 132 seats for example.

In Scarborough Centre, Scarborough Rouge-River and Scarborough Southwest I have seen PPC signs. Usually in clusters.

Same with Cannis signs in our area.

Even John Turmel could win in Ontario right now though I think the shock would likely kill him.

No joke, I would love to see him finally win. He is an independent candidate for Brantford-Brant.

Last edited:
Same with Cannis signs in our area.

No joke, I would love to see him finally win.

I can see Cannis winning the riding back. Salma Zahid is an interesting woman.. very quiet and only won because she is a LPC candidate. She is one of those candidates that won but had no clue what they were doing when they did.

As for John Turmel he is on his 99th election this year in Brantford. I think if he won there would likely be a recount.. hell I would question the numbers if he won.

One thing I will say about the current LPC Caucus is that they are all a very interesting group. They are all spokespeople for the party but individually they are not capable of free thought. They were the face of the party, but other than that they were useless.

I noticed during the most recent session that most members of the LPC caucus were trotted out at announcements, whining about how they were wronged or something of that nature. You hardly heard about them outside policy announcements and none of them had any ideas of their own, only LPC ideas.

Last edited:
Not everyone, just Trudeau - and anyone who supports him.
There is: Blackface, Blackface, Canoe sheds, mixing up Chinese and Japanese because they look alike, brownfiles, India trip, mocking turbans and calling Singh Marge Simpson, and did I mention Blackface.

While this is a forum about the 2019 Election I doubt anything is to be gained by being racist towards others. I get it, you don't like Trudeau but droning on and on about him being racist is starting to become a tad annoying.

I was confident a month ago that the Greens had a higher ceiling than the NDP. Since then, the Greens have become an absolute non-factor outside of Vancouver Island.

Why couldn't the Greens gain more support?

Actually, what I find more intriguing is how, despite Jagmeet and everything, the Greens seem to be *holding* their high-single-digit-range support, i.e. they still seem to be tokenly benefiting from being not one of the two major parties.

And with that in mind, I can still allow for them to be incrementally a factor in your usual Guelph/Fredericton/PEI places.

Actually, what I find more intriguing is how, despite Jagmeet and everything, the Greens seem to be *holding* their high-single-digit-range support, i.e. they still seem to be tokenly benefiting from being not one of the two major parties.

And with that in mind, I can still allow for them to be incrementally a factor in your usual Guelph/Fredericton/PEI places.

I can see them winning in Guelph as they have a seat there already provincially. I don't see them winning many seats though. Interestingly enough if the seat count is deadlocked their 1 or 2 seats can make all the difference.

This is simply not true:

NDP is siphoning support from the Liberals, not Conservatives. Even Oshawa, which a few months ago y'all were convinced that the Tories would lose to the NDP, is looking solidly in our camp.

Actually, re "y'all": while Oshawa will be eternal hallowed ground/promised land for the NDP owing to its GM/Broadbentian history, I wouldn't say "we'all" were at all "convinced" a few months ago. And it's not just because of the one-bitten-twice-shy factor of it eluding the NDP for the past quarter century or more (Jennifer French provincially excepted), it's also because "we'all" knew those few months ago that the NDP was in worse shape than it's in now, and even Jagmeet's byelection victory couldn't lift it off the polling ground. With that under consideration (plus Jennifer French's provincial reelection close call), why would we have assumed that an Oshawa pickup was a given?

For the NDP to pick Oshawa up, it'd require not just a Jagmeet surge, but Scheer '19 as the new Hudak '14, Which isn't beyond possibility in the current climate.

And as always, stop suckling on 338. They're projections, not actual polls.

I can see Cannis winning the riding back. Salma Zahid is an interesting woman.. very quiet and only won because she is a LPC candidate. She is one of those candidates that won but had no clue what they were doing when they did.

As I've said before, Cannis's ungrammatical "return back" signs suggest that his main-drag sign presence isn't going to be matched at the polling booth (and probably also offers some clue as to how he lost in 2011 after years of 416-Liberal autopilot)

Back