News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I know people working in that area and you know far more about this program than they do. :eek: 🤯
The budget and minister says this new Alberta Fund will run itself since the government hasn't allocated any resources to the people working in the area responsible for this fund. All the programs are supposed to have no continuing operating costs. 😒

April 1st isn't that interesting since the fiscal year-end is March 31.
One think I know is apparently the Finance Minister gets upset when it is called a slush fund. To be fair, I suppose that is not entirely accurate, it is an election slush fund.

April 1st isn't that interesting since the fiscal year-end is March 31.

Notable date also since the election will be called shortly after that - I am sure spending will happen before the election is called (I think legally it has to) so that's a short amount of time for spending announcements. It's also April Fool's Day and if anything is announced for an arena down south I'm going to hope it's just a bad joke . 😁

If it looks like the UCP are going to take this as a result of Calgary going that way, and still too early to tell, I sure wouldn't mind a few UCP candidates getting in from here so we have a larger presence at the cabinet table besides Madu who I will be surprised if he wins. But does UCP have any strong candidates here?

If it looks like the UCP are going to take this as a result of Calgary going that way, and still too early to tell, I sure wouldn't mind a few UCP candidates getting in from here so we have a larger presence at the cabinet table besides Madu who I will be surprised if he wins. But does UCP have any strong candidates here?

Madu is useless.
Raj Sherman is a UCP candidate, although he was a former Liberal.

Madu is useless.
Raj Sherman is a UCP candidate, although he was a former Liberal.
I'm not a fan of Madu, Sherman or yhst former city councillor who is running for ucp. I hope there is somebody else still.

Fq3R0LQWIAU7ilm

The funding didn't target the real problems in Edmonton:

Edmonton region

• $14.7 million to Meridian Housing Foundation to build seniors lodge units in Spruce Grove
  • $3 million to Catholic Social Services to build housing for women, children and newcomer families in Edmonton
  • $2.3 million to the City of Edmonton to build supportive housing for women and children fleeing family violence in Edmonton
  • $2 million to the Leduc Regional Housing Foundation to build family and community housing in Leduc
  • $900,000 to Right at Home Housing Society to build housing for persons with disabilities, women and children in Edmonton
  • $400,000 to Right at Home Housing Society to build housing for newcomer families and for women and children in Edmonton

Well Calgary YYC has are larger population in Alberta, Canada 🇨🇦 compared to Edmonton & I’m guessing that’s why the provincial government focuses on YYC, as it’s the top battlegrounds in AB politics currently as YYC area voters decides which party wins the election 🗳as there’s more Swing ridings.

Sure Edmonton YEG is the provincial capital & currently the 2nd largest in AB.

But eventually both YYC & YEG get the most provincial funding for projects every year & it will continue✅.
The difference between Edmonton and Calgary's metro population is not that big (around 100,000) on over 1.5 million, which surprisingly few people out province realize.

This would be like comparing Seattle and Vancouver. Last time I checked, which was sometime ago Seattle was a bit bigger than Vancouver by a similar amount.

I think the population difference only translates into a few more constituencies out of over 80. It is not the reason. The real reason is the UCP is not competitive in Edmonton (1 seat only which they may lose) and they are in a number of likely close races in Calgary.

Back