News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think another opportunity could be the Metro Edmonton Communities - Sherwood Park, Strathcona County, Fort Saskatchewan-Vegreville, St. Albert, St. Albert- Morinville, Spruce Grove-Stony Plain and Leduc. That’s seven potential seats.
St. Albert currently has Marie Renaud and she'll easily keep her seat.

I do agree with Fort Sask-Vegreville. The ND's are running a decent candidate, and the current MLA there hasn't really done any favours to her re-election chances. I'd actually argue that could be a really good pickup for the ND's.

I would say that Sherwood Park is probably an ND flip from the UCP no matter what happens. In my opinion, by order of how well these ridings will flip are as below:
- St. Albert-Morinville
- Strathcona-Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove-Stony Plain
- Leduc-Beaumont

St. Albert currently has Marie Renaud and she'll easily keep her seat.

I do agree with Fort Sask-Vegreville. The ND's are running a decent candidate, and the current MLA there hasn't really done any favours to her re-election chances. I'd actually argue that could be a really good pickup for the ND's.

I would say that Sherwood Park is probably an ND flip from the UCP no matter what happens. In my opinion, by order of how well these ridings will flip are as below:
- St. Albert-Morinville
- Strathcona-Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove-Stony Plain
- Leduc-Beaumont
In Spruce Grove-Stony Plain, Notley's team is running an extremely strong candidate in Chantal Saramaga-McKenzie. She has a very high profile in the riding and actually ran for mayor of Spruce Grove in 2021. This constituency is almost certain to be another NDP pickup.

I think Leduc-Beaumont could also be a darkhorse, even though they voted UCP last election. Leduc's population has grown significantly.

in the meantime, the [dis]united party’s leader and local constituency associations can’t even agree on whose name should be on the ballot come election time.

the [dis]united party’s leader that wants to continue [mis]managing the province can’t even seem to manage their own nominations without the dirty laundry being aired in public.

it’s not $80m for children’s tylenol but it’s certainly not confidence building when the political agenda sees the province sole sources something for $1.2m and three years later is having to renegotiate the contract…

the minister’s press secretary says this means alberta will be able to do “something no other province in canada is able to do”. except three years later alberta still can’t do it either.

it’s not $80m for children’s tylenol but it’s certainly not confidence building when the political agenda sees the province sole sources something for $1.2m and three years later is having to renegotiate the contract…

the minister’s press secretary says this means alberta will be able to do “something no other province in canada is able to do”. except three years later alberta still can’t do it either.
I sometimes find political staffers vague, but ambitious sounding word salad comments amusing. Note, that phrase doesn't actually mean we would accomplish anything useful.

So in this regard making a total mess of things, might qualify as "something no other province in Canada is able to do".

Back