News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I've never minded the Clearnet/Telus fish/monkeys/whatever because they never talked.

I rib my brother all the time (who now works for Bell) about the beavers. I'm glad they're gone.

Syn and everyone: I looked at this topic and I thought-WHAT logo? I was expecting something intriguing and this is all that they came up with?
Some marketing company was actually paid big bucks for THAT?
A starving graphic artist or art school students probably could have done much better!

I liked the letter font on Bell Canada's moniker since the 80s-I feel why change what was not broken?

Prometheus: The old style Bell Telephone company logo is a classic-I recall variations used like my personal favorite-The Bell Telephone Company of Pennsylvania.

The ad is OK-but that emphasis on the letters ER makes me think of the Budweiser frogs commercial for some reason - Bud-Wise-ER and the fact that in the Long Island speech dialect we do not pronounce our "ER" or hardly at all!

Observations and opinions from Long Island Mike

I agree.

It actually looks like 4 firms were paid big bucks for it!

seems like the "in" thing to do is retro. look at the koodo marketing campaign.

i do like the simplicity of the bell logo now. i wish they would bring back the "bell" itself.

belllogo6.jpg

this is also an interesting graphic that shows the transitions of the logo.
belltelewr2.jpg

This is a terrible redesign. They've divested their logo of any sort of meaning, or symbolism, or history, or tradition, or resonance. What a shame. It smacks of 'design by committee', and the fact that 4 separate firms worked on it certainly seems to back that up.

This is what they ought to have gone back to:
belllogo6.jpg

Simple, clear, iconic, beloved. Everything Bell needs to rediscover in itself.

Well, interesting that they went from 90s Nike-swoosh slickness to post-Y2K/9/11 neo-Kabel severity...

TV spots already feature the new Bell logo. I saw numerous one's watching the Olympic opening ceremonies on Friday night

This new logo thing...well, the "e" just doesn't look right....looks like the nose is too long, like an elephant.

And those stupid "er" ads that you see on the subway....it took me forever to try to figure out what the heck it's for. I didn't know until I saw their "bett er" ads on TV. If not, I'd not have known.

So I'd say, it's a bust.

Back