News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Oh man... the logo is pretty snazzy, but one I'll never forgive is CIBC. The old logo was powerful, the new one with the cheap swoosh evokes this 90s, early 00s nausea.

interesting enough, when i saw a verizon public phone on the weekend, they had the older "bell" symbol on the side.

IMG_0321.jpg

Personally I liked the old one better. The new one just seems retro. It looks like it would have come before the 80s logo in the family tree of logos.

even though the site is much more appealing visually, the guts are still exactly the same!! - EVEN without those damn beavers. this new logo is atrocious! there is no flair to it, and all i see is - Bel l - every time i look at it.

i don't even want to know how Z.A.K. sold this to bell. something along the lines of:

"we packed the kerning so tight to replicate 3 people coming together, and leaving your bastard father out by his lonesome. it's the modern family!"

makes a tear come to my eyeer

As Canadians, we've become accustomed to crap unfortunately. It's also rare to get true gems unless it's from a small firm that can focus on actually building a brand. As Bell is already well known, the thought that seems comes to mind about this rebrand is complacency. Another opportunity wasted.

I know most of you hate the ad campaign for this but it seems to be working. How many other ads have we discussed to this extent on the site.

If this was any other company we wouldn't even notice it. One of the reasons we're discussing it is because of the company involved, not because it's a great ad campaign.

So far the general public seems pretty indifferent to it.

A friend of mine who works at Bell in management was telling me everyone thought it was a joke.

I dunno... I kinda like the retro simplicity of it. I'm tired of the 90s swooshy style that everyone seemed to be going after. I hope the Government of Ontario eventually abandons their dumb new swooshy logo.

012332.gif

At least one of today's papers had an Bell Olympic congratulations ad showing hurdler Priscilla Lopes-Schliep jumping the l's in the logo...

Sorry, but I still don't get it. What does ER signify in this ad?

the "-er" signifies that Bell believes they superlatively do everything better than everyone else.

bettER
fastER
sexiER
smartER

etc.

The old Ontario logo was so clean and modern. The new one was a TERRIBLE idea... what a throwback.

The new Ontario logo is staying and spreading. Apparently for some people, three guys in a hot tub works bettER.

I don't like the new Bell logo.
I also don't like the new Ontario logo.

I don't like logos in general with the exception of ironic ones.

I must say that Bell's new branding won me over.

I've been strongly considering dropping Rogers as my ISP because of throttling problems and inconsistent speed (I pay for 10mbps and sometimes get 4 and even 1!) so I was ripe for a change.

Today, I was drawn into one of Bell's newly redesigned stores and ended up walking out with a Wireless Bell Internet modem. It's small, attractive, and is an all in one solution for modem + WiFi with just one cable.

I'm also happy that now I can get unrestricted wireless at Starbucks where I usually go to work.

Pat on the back to Bell's marketing and advertising team. :)

Back