News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That new Fido logo looks terrible, but it really drives home that they're a value brand. With this new one, it just seems like they want it to look like the poor man's cellular provider to make the Rogers service look better in comparison.

Yeah. It seems like they're making their best effort to go after the value segment of the market. I'm not sure if their pricing matches though...

That new Fido logo looks terrible, but it really drives home that they're a value brand. With this new one, it just seems like they want it to look like the poor man's cellular provider to make the Rogers service look better in comparison.

I think it only makes Rogers look better. I was checking out the new Fido plans... and quite frankly, they suck. My current Fido plan beats any of the plans offered now, even with the system access fee (which is gone on new plans). Fido called me a month ago asking if I would like to renew for 3 years with a $10/month discount, 50 bonus anytime minutes and unlimited evening and weekends instead of 1000 evening and weekend minutes. Im glad I took it!

Looking quite poignant now is a remnant Fido "Videocall your love" ad on the bus bay side of Canada Square at Yonge & Eg...

Wow... looking at all the tabs on chrome I see "Facebook | Johnathan", "Urban Toronto", "Gmail - Inbox" and... "Untitled"

Guess which one is fido.ca??

Untitled???

Seriously?

OMG! Have you all seen the horrible remake of the FIDO brand?

fidoq4landingpageav81.jpg

Looks like No Frills. They really want to push people out of the Fido brand and into Rogers.

Looks like No Frills. They really want to push people out of the Fido brand and into Rogers.

A new logo isn't going to push anyone away. Anyone on a grandfathered Fido plan would be stupid to switch to Rogers, since Fido always had better plans. Rogers' customer service has always, and continues to be crap and Rogers offers no incentives to customers. Why pay more for all that when in the end you are getting the same service as Fido customers?

A new logo isn't going to push anyone away. Anyone on a grandfathered Fido plan would be stupid to switch to Rogers, since Fido always had better plans. Rogers' customer service has always, and continues to be crap and Rogers offers no incentives to customers. Why pay more for all that when in the end you are getting the same service as Fido customers?

Yes! I am on a grandfathered Fido plan that I've had for five years now. Not cheap, but it works fine, there's enough minutes that I don't bother getting a land line. I get unlimited incoming, which really helps, so I see the new plans and don't see unlimited incoming, I'd rather stick with it and pay the damn 'system access' fee.

Absolutely hilarious.

So I see that if you call from outside the white zones, you're charged 35 cents/minute. That's nuts! I can call China for one cent/minute with a calling card, or use a 10-10 number on my cellphone in the Toronto calling area to call anywhere in North America for 3.2 cents/minute.

Yes! I am on a grandfathered Fido plan that I've had for five years now. Not cheap, but it works fine, there's enough minutes that I don't bother getting a land line. I get unlimited incoming, which really helps, so I see the new plans and don't see unlimited incoming, I'd rather stick with it and pay the damn 'system access' fee.

I got a call from Fido a few weeks before the move saying they would cut $10/month off my bill and give me bonus anytime minutes if I renewed my contract for another 3 years. I took the offer. I still had a year left on my old contract too. Im so glad I accepted now. It covers my system access fee plus. Not bad at all.

PS. I think we are on the same plan. I too have no land line.

Just wait until the 2 new operators hit the market in early 2009.... Whoever you're with now is going to be giving you the moon to sign on for additional years.

I'm currently with Rogers (Can't help it, I want my iPhone).... I can't really complain about my data plan (6GB is as good as unlimited to me) but voice plan could use some improvement. I'd also love to not pay that stupid system access fee.

Ahh yes, I noticed that new Walmart logo in Texas the other week.

I couldn't explain how, but it is a somewhat more friendly logo I'd say. I guess "Walmart" is now one word too.

Still doesn't mean I'll ever shop there though!

Back