News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

B&O Relocation

I stopped in today and spoke with the store manager - the store is relocating at the end of August to an unspecified location at Avenue and Bloor. Apparently, their current space has a rent of $38,000/month. They assured me that they are staying in the Toronto market.

Their product may be overpriced but the design of their product is pretty sexy!

^ Maybe they're moving to the northwest corner of Ave & Bloor into the vacant space on the ground floor of the Park Hyatt. The rent their is only $35,000 a month.

Anthropologie opens today. I'm looking forward to perusing their section of home hardware.

Where is Anthropologie on the food chain in terms of prices and market?

Are they a full-blown luxury line (Armani, Chanel, ect.)? Mid-scale (Ann Taylor)?

It's a women's clothes store with kitchen/bath/home stuff (including nice pulls, door knobs, light switch plates and that sort of thing).

It's not luxury but not mid-scale either. I would say it's a step up from and a more adult version of Urban Outfitters, if that makes sense. That's how the store feels anyway.

It's a women's clothes store with kitchen/bath/home stuff (including nice pulls, door knobs, light switch plates and that sort of thing).

It's not luxury but not mid-scale either. I would say it's a step up from and a more adult version of Urban Outfitters, if that makes sense. That's how the store feels anyway.

And owned by the same people.

Viva fresh is gone but Lovecraft soldiers on.

vivalove.jpg

Hi,

Does anybody know which realtor company is on that viva fresh for lease sign? I can't make it out. (EDIT: my awesome CSI skills (MS paint zoom) let me see the phone number kind of clearly, a few guesses into google and I got it, haha). If only I was wearing some sunglasses like the CSI Miami guy, I could have made a witty comment and taken them while staring off into the office.

Also I heard there used to be a sushi restaurant in yorkville that isn't there now...does anyone know the name?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anybody know which realtor company is on that viva fresh for lease sign? I can't make it out. (EDIT: my awesome CSI skills (MS paint zoom) let me see the phone number kind of clearly, a few guesses into google and I got it, haha). If only I was wearing some sunglasses like the CSI Miami guy, I could have made a witty comment and taken them while staring off into the office.

Also I heard there used to be a sushi restaurant in yorkville that isn't there now...does anyone know the name?

Thanks

There are tons of sushi restaurants in Yorkville, and as far as I'm concerned, none have closed in the last three or four years.

There was a sushi place that briefly opened up in one of the sunken storefronts next to the Regency (replacing one of those stores selling shelves and closet organizers for small urban spaces) - it couldn't have lasted more than half a year.

Anthropologie opens today. I'm looking forward to perusing their section of home hardware.

Has anyone taken any pics of the Anthro space? Please post and thanks.

What's going on with the Burberry space? And any new info on Dior, et cetera? If someone in the city could put up some photos that would be great!

What's going on with the Burberry space? And any new info on Dior, et cetera? If someone in the city could put up some photos that would be great!

They're still working on the Burberry space...probably won't open for a while...maybe in time for TIFF?

Burberry should cover the tacky wood outlayer with an advertisement. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet...!

Was in town this weekend, and while shopping on Bloor, I noticed that
1) the Bang and Olufsen store is moving to as they call it "the largest B%O showroom in north america" which will be at davenport/avenue rd.
2) Calvin Klein Underwear is moving and taking over B&O's current space
3) On the North side of bloor, in between the church and the new Burberry store, all the shops are closing there are 2 consecutive spaces that have for lease signs, and L'occitane is remaining, and next to that is CK underwear which is moving. anyone know is L'occitane is moving too? because if(as i suspect it will) it moves, then this leaves a huge retail space available for a new flagship store, which would be great for Toronto.

also, The new Stone sidewalks are looking great! very excited about that!
Anthropology and Diesel both look fantastic, I just wish they had planted some trees in front of them!
this city needs more trees in general.

Back