News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Well, it took them awhile but they finally came through and covered up the hoarding.

burb.jpg

Yes! I can't wait for Burberry stores to roll out across Toronto. Definitely one of my favourite brands, I have been waiting for this for a long time!

from Women's Wear Daily (The fashion news paper here in new York) Thursday August 6th, 2009

O Burberry: Burberry will open its first Toronto store, the brand's second Canadian store, on Friday. The 6,000 Square foot store is located at 1 Yorkdale Road in Toronto and reflects the new design concept developed by creative director Christopher Bailey. The facade is a combination of polished black chrome and signiture check. Floors are stone and dark wood. Fixtures are dark stained oak, lacquer and black chrome. The store will showcase ready-to-wear for men and women from the Burberry Londno Collection, as well as a full range of accessories and fragrances. It will also carry children's wear. Burberry recently scheduled to open on Bloor Street in October. The first Burberry store in Canada opened in Vancouver last Year.

So I guess that Means that Theres a burberry in Yorkdale! and its opening tomorrow! anyone in town should go!

I can't believe Vancouver got a Burberry before us. Good news we'll now have at least two locations to choose from though.

On another note, Puma at Younge and egg is now closed, as per the post made a couple of weeks ago by a member here. It looks like their intel was bang on. I guess the Bloor Puma store will be closing shop soon. So Montreal and Vancouver can support Puma but not Toronto. Sad. I guess Winners does belong on Bloor since that's the most Torontonians wallets and taste can handle!

Puma really isn't high end.. or much of anything right now. Reminds me when I used to be into the whole clubbing scene years ago and how Puma was so great back then... well, I grew out of it, and I assume most sophisticated people would too.

It's more for Woodbridge moms and their offspring anyway, hope they open up there!

Puma really isn't high end.. or much of anything right now. Reminds me when I used to be into the whole clubbing scene years ago and how Puma was so great back then... well, I grew out of it, and I assume most sophisticated people would too.

It's more for Woodbridge moms and their offspring anyway, hope they open up there!
Agreed, not high end. I don't think of it when I think of Versace, Armani, etc. However, I will say that I think it is fashionable. Wouldn't say it is for Woodbridge Moms at all, and definitely not club wear. How long ago was it that you've been clubbing? And where on earth did you go where they let you in wearing Puma Tee's? Most of the Puma die hards will agree that it's a fashionable brand. Definitely in a league far above Nike, Adidas, and Reebok. Maybe not your cup pf tea, but definitely fashionable. I don't think the store is really out of place on bloor. In many major cities I've visited, Puma is either on the main strip with all the big boys, or they are on one of the side streets just off the main strip. They must be doing something right.

Agreed, not high end. I don't think of it when I think of Versace, Armani, etc. However, I will say that I think it is fashionable. Wouldn't say it is for Woodbridge Moms at all, and definitely not club wear. How long ago was it that you've been clubbing? And where on earth did you go where they let you in wearing Puma Tee's? Most of the Puma die hards will agree that it's a fashionable brand. Definitely in a league far above Nike, Adidas, and Reebok. Maybe not your cup pf tea, but definitely fashionable. I don't think the store is really out of place on bloor. In many major cities I've visited, Puma is either on the main strip with all the big boys, or they are on one of the side streets just off the main strip. They must be doing something right.

That's exactly the thing.. it was 'it' for all ages parties.. just to let you know how pathetic the brand really is. As the British would say.. reserved for chavs! I don't even know what to do with all the Puma crap clogging up my closet.:(

That's exactly the thing.. it was 'it' for all ages parties.. just to let you know how pathetic the brand really is. As the British would say.. reserved for chavs! I don't even know what to do with all the Puma crap clogging up my closet.:(
OK, makes sense, an all ages club. You could pretty much wear anything to those things back in the day. :D

As for the brand being pathetic, I beg to differ. They have some nice stuff. I'll rock Puma any day of the week. Obviously not everything they make is great. They are like any other brand, they make some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. They are definitely not for everyone.

As far as I'm aware they're leaving all of Canada not just Toronto...

As far as I'm aware they're leaving all of Canada not just Toronto...
I could have sworn they just opened their stores in Montreal and Vancouver, not even a year ago. Or am I completely losing track of time?

Just checked the Yorkdale website, no confirmation of Burberry being open. If anyone works at Yorkdale or is visitng the mall today could they verify? I don't want to drive out there Saturday if it isn't open.

In other news, Yorkdale has new hours on Sundays 11-8pm starting September 6th. Love the convenience.

I can't believe Vancouver got a Burberry before us. Good news we'll now have at least two locations to choose from though.

On another note, Puma at Younge and egg is now closed, as per the post made a couple of weeks ago by a member here. It looks like their intel was bang on. I guess the Bloor Puma store will be closing shop soon. So Montreal and Vancouver can support Puma but not Toronto. Sad. I guess Winners does belong on Bloor since that's the most Torontonians wallets and taste can handle!

Elements Women's Fitness will take the space...opening date unknown, will update though.

Elements Women's Fitness will take the space...opening date unknown, will update though.

Where, the Yonge and Eglinton location or Bloor?

Sorry should have clarified...it's the Yonge & Eg space that's going to be a women's Fitness Club. I beleive the Bloor St W Puma is still open, yet they are leaving there as well.

Does anyone know if L'Occitane on Bloor and Avenue is moving at all? It looks really out of place with all the stores surrounding it moving to other locations.

Back