8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Coty scratch-and-sniff daisies bloom in Toronto

cotydaisy.body_lead.jpg

Has Burberry open yet?
More and more is becoming visible. The large Burberry ad's with Emma Watson are down, now scaffolding only covers the street level of the store. Large windows are visible from above, and you can see the Burberry marquee. Definitely soon!

I've been told that Burberry opening sales numbers at Yorkdale are way above their forecasts and that it will be very interesting to see how/if at all the Bloor location will open softer and/or will impact on Yorkdale's numbers.

I've been told that Burberry opening sales numbers at Yorkdale are way above their forecasts and that it will be very interesting to see how/if at all the Bloor location will open softer and/or will impact on Yorkdale's numbers.

Very interesting. I wonder how the other luxury outlets at Yorkdale are doing? If they're doing well, I wonder if we will see other luxury brands open who can't find space on Bloor.

It appears that Yorkdale's strength and ability to help retailers raise productivity numbers doesn't stop at the lux-brands like Burberry. I know that Tiffany's also experienced high sales opening numbers and has continued to keep the numbers boyant. Research has shown that the Yorkdale shopper at Tiffany's is different (demographic & psychographic) than the Bloor Street shopper and that this synergy has bolstered the sales at both locations and further strengthened the brand in the market. I see this being the case at Burberry (and with the future lux-retailers that will lease space in Yorkdale). It boasts the highest sales productivity numbers in the country and rivals some of the best enclosed malls and lifestyle centres in the US & Europe.

It appears that Yorkdale's strength and ability to help retailers raise productivity numbers doesn't stop at the lux-brands like Burberry. I know that Tiffany's also experienced high sales opening numbers and has continued to keep the numbers boyant. Research has shown that the Yorkdale shopper at Tiffany's is different (demographic & psychographic) than the Bloor Street shopper and that this synergy has bolstered the sales at both locations and further strengthened the brand in the market. I see this being the case at Burberry (and with the future lux-retailers that will lease space in Yorkdale). It boasts the highest sales productivity numbers in the country and rivals some of the best enclosed malls and lifestyle centres in the US & Europe.

Is the Yorkdale consumer more local, with Bloor Street attracting wealthy tourists and traveling business people?

What kind of brands do you think will join Yorkdale in the future?

Is the Yorkdale consumer more local, with Bloor Street attracting wealthy tourists and traveling business people?

What kind of brands do you think will join Yorkdale in the future?

We definately see that the Yorkdale customer is more local (not immediate local of course) rather it draws from it's broader primary & secondary trade areas like North York and Thornhill; whereas Bloor St does trade from the tourist population and from the higher income neighbourhoods like Forest Hill and Rosedale. Also, the Toronto-based shoppers (excluding the tourists for a moment) that patronize Yorkdale's lux-retailers will cross-shop from Bloor Street's lux-retailers and vice versa. That's someone will see an item at the Bloor St Burberry, yet will purchase from the Yorkdale location, and vice versa. Now, regarding the future lux-retailers for Yorkdale, the problem isn't attracting them, rather not having any space to lease to them (Yorkdale is near 100% leased). There are plans to move the food court, allowing for some new space, and rumour has it that several higher-end fashion tenants are doing some early due dilegence in this market....so we'll have to wait and see who's going to come to Yorkdale in the near future.

It looks like the storefronts on Bloor, just east of Avenue Road have all closed/moved and is horded up. Any news on who's moving in? It looks like it's going to be some sort of flagship.

Interesting. Dior? Dolce & Gabbana?

Actually, I was by there today, and they've posted "space available for lease" sign on the scafolding. Interesting, since they usually kick stores out unless someone wants the space.

I've heard a rumour that Club Monaco is looking to vacate their space in the Household Sciences building at Bloor and Queen's Park in order to leave the building free for a blockbuster flagship...anyone know anything about this?

Back