News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Window signage has gone up for the relocating Andy The-Anh on Bellair. Noticed today that hoarding has gone up outside the retail space below the parkade at Yorkville and Hazelton - the previous stores closed after their leases expired. Appears renos are taking place inside.

Last edited:
Longos @ Park Rd. & Bloor E. Opens Today

This isn't in the Yorkville Village but it's still Yorkville proper. Longo's at Park Road & Bloor E. opens today (Wed. March 3rd). They've done a decent good job brightening up this retail corner which has sucked for the past few decades plus there is now an entrance to the space directly off Bloor Street which makes access much friendlier and open. This store is going to do blockbuster business, guaranteed.

This photo was taken yesterday, not today.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Oh colourful! HBC should add advertising (digital, billboards, whatever) to that blank wall facing Bloor!

I agree, I suggested that eons ago. There's not much that can be done to that blank, oppressive wall without spending a boatload of money. There are a few windows along here that could possibly be opened up to retail making this dreary strip a little more animated.

The Club Monaco space at Avenue and Bloor has a for lease sign for 10,000 sf of retail. Didn't somebody previously mention that Ralph Lauren was moving into that space? With all the empty retail and the future redevelopment of the original Four Seasons site... Avenue Road is going to change!

There's a beautiful full length contemporary version of the traditional Chinese scholar's robe in black silk, on display at WORKshop downstairs at 80 Bloor, which I saw over the weekend and now covet something fierce.

The Club Monaco space at Avenue and Bloor has a for lease sign for 10,000 sf of retail. Didn't somebody previously mention that Ralph Lauren was moving into that space? With all the empty retail and the future redevelopment of the original Four Seasons site... Avenue Road is going to change!

What's the plans for the FS site? I thought they were just converting them to condos?

What's the plans for the FS site? I thought they were just converting them to condos?

H&M is looking at this great CM space...seems that where they are now is just not cutting it...

Dolce Boutique at 83 Yorkville has closed. The Paisley Shop at Belair\Yorkville is for lease.

The Club Monaco is staying put, the lease is for the second floor and for part of the basement.

Club Monaco (the company) used the second floor for their offices and for the Caban buying offices. The remainder of the basement was a restaurant run by Club Mo. ALL of that became excess space when Ralph Lauren bought Club Monaco. The second floor was subleased, while the basement has basically sat unused, complete with a full kitchen. Club Monaco will be staying put in that space until 2012 if not longer, what the company is trying to do is get rid of excess space.

The Club Monaco is staying put, the lease is for the second floor and for part of the basement.

Club Monaco (the company) used the second floor for their offices and for the Caban buying offices. The remainder of the basement was a restaurant run by Club Mo. ALL of that became excess space when Ralph Lauren bought Club Monaco. The second floor was subleased, while the basement has basically sat unused, complete with a full kitchen. Club Monaco will be staying put in that space until 2012 if not longer, what the company is trying to do is get rid of excess space.

The second floor currently houses the design firm Figure3. That space and the basement restaurant "Colony Kitchen" were both designed by burdifilek. I believe the signage indicates that's the space is being rented out for retail - if Club Monaco stays put, those spaces will surely be awkward to access.

From what I've heard, the site will have condos with a retail podium. Hopefully, the scale will be appropriate for the street!

Back