News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

After all this obliterating, is there anything left - new, old, or otherwise?

Parisians wanted to obliterate the Eiffel Tower when it first went up.

Unbelievable!

So many mentions of the Globe building and the Star building... but NONE for the Sun building????????:eek:

The Sheraton's not getting enough of a hard time either. What a disaster that thing is at ground level.

And how about the Rogers Centre/Skydome?

Would really horrible alterations/recladdings count? In which case, I'd vouch for the ex-Westbury on Yonge N of College over the Sheraton Centre...

So many mentions of the Globe building and the Star building... but NONE for the Sun building????????:eek:

The Sheraton's not getting enough of a hard time either. What a disaster that thing is at ground level.

And how about the Rogers Centre/Skydome?

I totally agree with the Sheraton Queen Street. Both the building, and yes - it's a disaster at street level.

Not a building but those damn ramps that surround City Hall got to go. I know I'm in the minority there but I think they're unpleasant looking, they're used at night for dozens and dozens of homeless folk to sleep under, as a latrine and I just I don't believe in the purpose they serve. Removing them would open up the square and make it more "friendly". Replace them with trees staggered along Bay (along with a functioning sidewalk) and along Queen Street.

Personally, I find the "new" city hall to be an eyesore, and as mentioned above, I'm joining the minority here.

Don't get me wrong, the concept is great, but it's just a concrete slab that curves, with all of it's attention drawn to the middle of the building and NPS to the south, while ignoring and iscolating itself from the rest of the city to the north, east and west... It kind of represents the city itself though, don't you think?

lol, but seriously... blank concrete walls?

I'm only opposed to the ramps. The north side of city hall also troubles me as I feel it really turns it's back on the city but nothing can be done about that. But the ramps drive me nuts! Maybe one day when Toronto isn't broke the windows could be replaced in the city hall towers and at street level, they need to be tinted for a more pleasant effect from the square.

Whole of Mississauga
CNE
New City Hall
Most new condos
All new buildings in the last 50 years on the waterfront
Glass front building on Queen St east of Spadina
BA
The whole block between Yonge and Bay as well to the east on the north side.
Yorkdale
Eaton Centre
STC

Whole of Mississauga
CNE
New City Hall
Most new condos
All new buildings in the last 50 years on the waterfront
Glass front building on Queen St east of Spadina
BA
The whole block between Yonge and Bay as well to the east on the north side.
Yorkdale
Eaton Centre
STC

A very sensible, plausible and do-able list except for the Glass front building on Queen St east of Spadina! That's just taking things way too far, in my opinion. (All that broken glass...on Queen St. *sniff*)

(Btw: which glass building are you referring too?)

A very sensible, plausible and do-able list except for the Glass front building on Queen St east of Spadina! That's just taking things way too far, in my opinion. (All that broken glass...on Queen St. *sniff*)

(Btw: which glass building are you referring too?)

All those store that have been upgrade.

Back