News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Elevate now open, but doesn't appear to have a lot of business. They don't appear to be marketing themselves at all.

they don't have a web page, which i find kind of surprising...they have a poster for their friday nights but i have no idea what happens there on saturdays....they have an all ages night that they don't advertise and they serve food but have no menus anywhere in plain view when you're in the place...

maybe this is a new kind of marketing campaign....keep the customer guessing

So, I talked to a friend involved in this application, and he has assured me that as part of the proposal, the Fuzion house is to remain, and be enhanced. My guess it we're talking about something similar to the Cooper Mansion.

Not entirely true.

The City right now is negotiating with the owners about keeping the buildings and regarding designation. They are dealing with the designation issue first, which has to be resolved before any planning takes place.

Last edited:
When the condo at Church/Alexander was proposed there was fear that the condo owners would be opposed to events like Pride/Fetish Fair etc.. which bring disruption and noise. Luckily most of the owners were gay and nothing came of it. This new proposal at Church/Dundonald will likely raise similar concerns and being a much larger project will have a more diverse group of owners. Let us hope the sales office lets the unaware know that, should they purchase, they may glance out their window several times a year and see some hot leathermen/bare breasts/gorgeous drag queens etc... and that there is no need to call the city to complain for any reason whatsoever.

When the condo at Church/Alexander was proposed there was fear that the condo owners would be opposed to events like Pride/Fetish Fair etc.. which bring disruption and noise. Luckily most of the owners were gay and nothing came of it. This new proposal at Church/Dundonald will likely raise similar concerns and being a much larger project will have a more diverse group of owners. Let us hope the sales office lets the unaware know that, should they purchase, they may glance out their window several times a year and see some hot leathermen/bare breasts/gorgeous drag queens etc... and that there is no need to call the city to complain for any reason whatsoever.

I lived there when it opened and ownership was roughly 50-50 str8/gay. Being involved on the Board no one complained about neighbourhood events, Queer As Folk filming for years through the middle of the night or the like. The only real problem I recall was The Red Spot bar across the street on Church which opened it's windows on the 2nd floor and played dance music at full throttle until 2:30 am most evenings despite many complaints to the Noise Control Officer. Kyle Rae finally solved the problem and they closed about a year later.

I welcome more condos or apartments into the Church-Wellesley Village but this development is inappropriate. Losing five well kept heritage properties should be more of a concern than what is being discussed here than bare breasts and leather daddies.

A reminder of what could be lost http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?5147-The-(Church-Wellesley)-Village/page35 post #516

someone's taken down the paper that was covering the windows at the old zeldas location....not sure if it's to show off the inside space or renos are about to take place....either way, considering not much has been posted here lately i consider this to be major news :p

There was still "For Lease" up on Tuesday but this is promising news. If it is leased they had better get moving so as not to miss the summer patio crowd which begins full throttle in a few weeks.

ya, the for lease sign is still up....but this is the first activity i've noticed there since zeldas closed

hopefully a good sign

The Grand Hive was for many years called Angelini's I think. Italian food. At some point it was also called The Kremlin( a lesbian bar) but only for 6 months at most.

The Grand Hive was for many years called Angelini's I think. Italian food. At some point it was also called The Kremlin( a lesbian bar) but only for 6 months at most.

Thank you, I've been racking my brain trying to remember what this place was called prior to Grand Hive. It was indeed Angelini's but it sat empty when they went out of business about a year and a half to two years ago.

Last edited:
Thank you, I've been racking my brain trying to remember what this place was prior to Grand Hive. It was indeed Angelini's but it sat empty when they went out of business for about a year and a half to two years.

Wasn't it also the Gooderham House or some generic bar name for a while in 2006? That joint just can't catch a break. I mean, really, who doesn't want to sit on Jarvis and watch cars go by at F1 speeds?

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what happened to XYCLO?? Looks like it's closed and there's a building permit posted in its window =S

Back