News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Application

Here is what is in the window at Torch...

Attachments

• DS3.jpg
    DS3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 282
My guess is that the Nov 7 meeting noted in the pick above went well for Rogers.

Yeah, I'm sure.. the Mayor publicly endorsed this move. I think Rogers is saving a building that seemed to have lost hope.

This is actually good. It means that Rogers probably won't use it in developing the CityTV HQ.

I would much rather see something closer to the original torch idea with rotating signs and a curved LED screen.

A big DAILY PLANET like add-on on top wouldn't hurt either.

...and a big honkin flashing neon flame on top

I don't think Rogers will be going with the torch metaphor. That made sense for the Olympic Spirit Centre. I wouldn't be surprised to see them replacing the media tower completely.

I don't think Rogers will be going with the torch metaphor. That made sense for the Olympic Spirit Centre. I wouldn't be surprised to see them replacing the media tower completely.

It wouldn't surprise me either and I hope they get rid of the "torch" it looks like a bunch of junk right now.

No, I think that the Torch base has a different address. The coffee shop there closed without most people ever noticing that it ever existed.

Great detective work Darkstar!

Metro:

I think Darkstar meant the 2s (or 3s) building east along Dundas, which PenEquity was actively trying to lease awhile ago.

Hmm, perhaps a reno/expansion is in the works!

AoD

Alvin, I understood that he was talking about that building next door. What I was saying is that the second address is for the Torch base.

I just googled it now and it confirms: 35 Dundas E. is indeed the base of the Torch.

Regardless, this is pending confirmation, but I believe PenEquity also owns the Senator building and the adjacent parking lot. If that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers used that parking lot in much the same way City used theirs on Queen St.

The added bonus is that the Pantages (Canon) theatre is directly across the street. It'll make for a nice backdrop if CityTV uses the parking lot.

The Victoria St. side of the Pantages isn't very attractive, basically a big dirty brick wall. A good canvas for more signage I guess.

Why would it need signage? it may be a dirty brick wall, but at least it's "honest"--no different from the Elgin/Wintergarden backside or, for that matter, Massey Hall...good, honest dirty brick walls casting their good, honest urban-backside gloom upon Victoria...

Back