News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

You read my mind. It's a shame, there is no clear vantage point. That's why I've never actually seen Torch, because the stage blocks it from the square.

Are you only 3 apples tall, Smurfette? Torch is at least 6 storeys tall - it's perfectly visible behind the stage.

Are you only 3 apples tall, Smurfette? Torch is at least 6 storeys tall - it's perfectly visible behind the stage.

Okay, well sure you can see the top, but the base is where the action is going to be for this, and if you can't see the base where all the activity is, it will take away from it.

By the way, I'm only 5'7" :p So i'm around 6 apples.

Okay, well sure you can see the top, but the base is where the action is going to be for this, and if you can't see the base where all the activity is, it will take away from it.

By the way, I'm only 5'7" :p So i'm around 6 apples.

Is it? Are you sure the studios won't be on a higher floor, like the ABC/BBC studios in Times Square?

Is it? Are you sure the studios won't be on a higher floor, like the ABC/BBC studios in Times Square?

There is no real space for ground level studios when you look at Torch. Everything will have to be on the upper floors, that's where the space is.

The ground floor, will have your "speakers corner" type facilities, lobby entrance...now way there will be studios on the lower floors.

Plus being up high gives a greater vantage point into Dundas Square.

From Torontoist:

OlympicSpirit_23Oct07.jpg

I walked by today and noticed that the GLOBAL TV sign (no doubt that will change) was still showing the "LEASE THIS BUILDING" advertisment from Pen Equity.

I can see them having the main programming up above the square, and have Frankie out on the square and surrounded by people like on the Today Show doing the weather and grabbing random people and having Will and Jack make out for the first time on network television...

Oooh, I was just thinking of the shots they could show coming in and out of commercials of the busy scramble crossing at Y&D. How cool will that be? It'll almost be like we are a real... dare I say it? ...world class city! :rolleyes:

Greg

The building does seem to be a bit....small though, in terms of square footage and all that. Is it possible to build a few more floors on top? Or maybe buy out the site next door and forestall Mr. Hakim's future mirror-clad po-mo lump. It could also involve a reworking of the awful metal waffle-cone top, which looks like a whole lot of nothing at this point.

They could be using this as a kind of public-face studio where they film the news and a couple other high-profile shows, while the rest is all done down on Lakeshore in the old OMNI building.

Back