News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

^ no-one saw your mock-up. Hilarious.

If you throw a flame coming out of the satellite dish... you have Torch Redux! (what was promised rather than what was delivered. Well done!!

i1293177_citytvhqtd5.jpg

I think this building could see some additional space added. I can't wait to see what they have planned. A media tower with rotating signs like the original Torch was supposed to have would be fantastic.

Nobody's commented on my mock up yet :( ...

I was just intimidated by The Bachelor's good looks, and couldn't speak. (Your rendering's quite amusing - I wish I knew Photoshop well enough to create results like that too.)

I agree with Syn, and hope that Rogers will upgrade the signs on the tower - rotating would be great! I also agree with CanadianNational that this building is begging for a couple more floors. I can't imagine that Citytv will want to use the top floor as a restaurant again as there will be a number of restaurants with patios overlooking the square opening across the way in TLS shortly, but that top floor room and terrace could be transformed into an indoor/outdoor studio for shows like CityLine. It will be very interesting to see how City and Omni split up and dedicate the space.

well really, the only room Omni needs is their news studio, which they can share with City, and for their multicultural programming, which would be the CityLine/BT studio, which isn't used most of the day anyway...

That is so cool - great rendering. This is what the torch cage was supposed to look like.

I really do hope they do something interesting with this, like the truck coming out of the wall at the CHUM building.
Something unique like that would be cool.

Love the satellite dish!

Yah, I figured that every tv station has to have at least one broadcasting satellite dish and what better place to put it than the highest point on the building? It turns out to be a nice visible iconic feature.

Speaking of satellite dishes, I wonder what's going to happen with the cool CityTV mural in the Queen St West parking lot once City leaves the building.

I really do hope they do something interesting with this, like the truck coming out of the wall at the CHUM building.
Something unique like that would be cool.

Thats a great idea! Some of my earliest memories of the city are of that truck.

Ya I mean the location is great and will be memorable, just as the CHUM building itself is. However, that truck really did something to make it stand out as something different.

Maybe they can remove the truck and have it crashing into the torch?

I'm sure that very little of the existing torch will remain once Rogers/City get their hands on the site, likely only the bare bones. They didn't choose this location for the Penequity/IOC aesthetic! Image and appearance and brand will be very important here....which is good for us.

Walking by this morning, I noticed that the TV screen on Torch has gone black, which had previously been showing Global branded content. I wonder if it was just a hick-up with the screen, or if Global is gone for good from Y&D Square?

Maybe they can remove the truck and have it crashing into the torch?

I think the truck is considered part of the heritage of the Queen Street building. Has anyone else heard that.

I'm sure that very little of the existing torch will remain once Rogers/City get their hands on the site, likely only the bare bones. They didn't choose this location for the Penequity/IOC aesthetic! Image and appearance and brand will be very important here....which is good for us.

INDEED!!!

Back