News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'd be very surprised if the torch's exterior changes all that much. I'm pretty sure I've read Penequity owning the building and parking lot to the south of Torch so I wonder if we may see an extension added to the south

I was watching CityTV last night, and there was a short blurb about the new CityTV building at Dundas Sq.- according to Gord Martineau- the one to suggest that they use Torch, the building will take some time to reorganize, but it will be well worth the wait..Who knows, maybe that is just Rogers adding some hype to their dull image?? Nonetheless, positive information and anything they do to this eyesore can only make it better..well maybe..:p

p5

I heard the city TV truck on the chum city building cant be removed. It was discovered that it is part of the structure and removing it could lead to problems.

I really don't expect major changes to the exterior of the building either.

I think it greatly depends on who will actually own this property. "Acquiring" the property is pretty ambiguous.

Walking by this morning, I noticed that the TV screen on Torch has gone black, which had previously been showing Global branded content. I wonder if it was just a hick-up with the screen, or if Global is gone for good from Y&D Square?

Global is gone! PenEquity now has a "This space for lease" ad running on the screen.

Global is gone! PenEquity now has a "This space for lease" ad running on the screen.

I walked by and noticed skid loads of boxes which said 'Panasonic LED modules' in the ground floor retail area...I think they are replacing / have replaced the LED board and are probably testing it.

From the various news articles Rogers is not supposed to close on the sale until mid November so I would expect to continue to see the old material until they close.

Global was running today when the screen wasn't blank or had the PenEquity info running.

This is actually good. It means that Rogers probably won't use it in developing the CityTV HQ.

I would much rather see something closer to the original torch idea with rotating signs and a curved LED screen.

A big DAILY PLANET like add-on on top wouldn't hurt either.

Back