News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That's great for them. Their Junction store (which I occasionally make a point to shop at) is very nice.

Last edited:
This article from Retail Insider states that Healthy Planet is opening at Yonge and Dundas this year. Assuming it is a medium to large store, where is there room? Upper floor of Nordstrom?

Adidas did vacate their spot at The Tenor (10 Dundas E), maybe they’ll takeover that spot?

The article says that they want to feature a kitchen with fresh cooked foods in their Yonge and Dundas store, along with the grocery component. Could it be the former Pickle Barrel location in the Atrium? There's a complete kitchen and restaurant setup right there. Is the Adidas space across the street in The Tenor set up for food preparation? There's also the vacant former Panera Bread up the street near Edward - that could be another possibility.

The article says that they want to feature a kitchen with fresh cooked foods in their Yonge and Dundas store, along with the grocery component. Could it be the former Pickle Barrel location in the Atrium? There's a complete kitchen and restaurant setup right there. Is the Adidas space across the street in The Tenor set up for food preparation? There's also the vacant former Panera Bread up the street near Edward - that could be another possibility.

The former Pickler Barrel would be a good fit with the split level design. They could to a cafe upstairs while doing their kitchen area downstairs with the shop.

I worked there back in 2007 and it is quite roomy in the back of house.

Adidas did vacate their spot at The Tenor (10 Dundas E), maybe they’ll takeover that spot?

Not there; and too small.

That's only 6,700ft2

The newest Healthy Planet is ~12,000ft2

It's going in to the old Panera space.

1685556973987.png

Bit tighter than I thought, looking at the old Panera,, looks to be ~8,000ft2.

Last edited:
Not there; and too small.

That's only 6,700ft2

The newest Healthy Planet is ~12,000ft2

It's going in to the old Panera space.

View attachment 481909

Bit tighter than I thought, looking at the old Panera,, looks to be ~8,000ft2.

Seeing as I never got a chance to respond as the thread was locked, you or anyone did not "prove me wrong". Not sure where you some how got that idea from. Now I will let it go unless you want to contnue rhis debate in a diplomatic fashion.

You have a different opinion then me, that does not prove me wrong.

Seeing as I never got a chance to respond as the thread was locked, you or anyone did not "prove me wrong". Not sure where you some how got that idea from. Now I will let it go unless you want to contnue rhis debate in a diplomatic fashion.

You have a different opinion then me, that does not prove me wrong.
I agree that having a different opinion to you does not automatically make someone right but, based on topics that I do know about, if I were to bet on whose opinion was right I would strongly bet on almost any opinion from @NorthernLight over one of yours. As they say, a stopped clock is right twice a day!

All major retailers have relatively sophisticated real estate strategies. They know where their existing customers are, they know where their competitors are located, they know where there are population centres that they are underindexed in, they know the demographics of the area, they know the development pipeline in the area, they know the localized geography and likely catchment area of new locations. When there is a dearth of grocery stores in an area, it is likely that the major retailers are having a hard time making a location pencil out for the right format of retail to suit the demography, with the right real estate size/cost on the market.

I'll note that all the major retailers have a pretty brisk business delivering groceries downtown. That might prove more economical than big retail footprints at the rents that would be commanded there.

No news to report, so far as I know the space hasn't been leased, there are no permits currently applied for or in process on site.
So unfortunate. I'm really over Metro and would love to see something else in the area. With all the new people coming in this area over the next couple years, hopefully something comes along.

I agree that having a different opinion to you does not automatically make someone right but, based on topics that I do know about, if I were to bet on whose opinion was right I would strongly bet on almost any opinion from @NorthernLight over one of yours. As they say, a stopped clock is right twice a day!

Bet until your hearts content bro, I really couldn't care who you place wagers on.

Back