News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I had no idea that the Rocky Ridge Reacreation Facility even a thing until I got lost looing for a Home Depot (that may not exist), when I stumbled upon this golden doughnut.

View attachment 97737

I few days earlier I was walking up centre street an snapped a few other picks of potential interest (and amature quality :p). I like the shot of the ice on the Bow the best, but I think the one showing Park Place decidedly above grade might be the most taken to around here.

View attachment 97739 View attachment 97740 View attachment 97741

That rec facility is really funky! :cool::cool::cool:

I few days earlier I was walking up centre street an snapped a few other picks of potential interest (and amature quality :p). I like the shot of the ice on the Bow the best, but I think the one showing Park Place decidedly above grade might be the most taken to around here.

It's just called Parkside.

I had no idea that the Rocky Ridge Reacreation Facility even a thing until I got lost looing for a Home Depot (that may not exist), when I stumbled upon this golden doughnut.

View attachment 97737

View attachment 97739 View attachment 97740 View attachment 97741
One of the Park towers looks to be about 4 floors above grade. Thanks for posting.

These are some pics showing what they doing. @The Fisher Account

IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0354.JPG IMG_0355.JPG

Is there any actual detail or renderings in terms of what they are actually doing? New windows? New paint? New cladding?

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    939.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Don't get me wrong it'll be better than before, but I would classify it as a typical main level cosmetic change. I would agree with you on the inside of Bow Valley Square, it's pretty nicely done for an office complex.

I'll give them reasonable odds of doing a good job of the exterior reclad. They did really great work with the lobby rennovation a few years ago. After the Core it's probably the next most significant hub on the plus 15 system and once Brookfield fills in the blanks there will be even more flow through. BVS, for it's faults, is still a fairly important building in the grand scheme of downtown. Too bad they'll never be able to do anything about those ugly towers. :/
I'll give them reasonable odds of doing a good job of the exterior reclad. They did really great work with the lobby rennovation a few years ago. After the Core it's probably the next most significant hub on the plus 15 system and once Brookfield fills in the blanks there will be even more flow through. BVS, for it's faults, is still a fairly important building in the grand scheme of downtown. Too bad they'll never be able to do anything about those ugly towers. :/

Oh, I thought you guys were talking about the towers of Bow Valley Square being redone. Those renderings have been on BVS for literally almost a year, and construction has been underway since then. It's only the lowest two floors of BVS being redone, they're making it more pedestrian and retail friendly, having street facing CRUs and whatnot. Thought you guys were talking about something new.

Thanks for posting those pictures. Damn, I thought they were recladding the entire towers from top to bottom, while the podium will get a much improved facelift, the towers need it as well. It's too bad they couldn't reclad the entire complex in white marble with new iceberg blue windows. Would totally transform the complex.

Speaking of renovations, the Pan Canadian building is getting the same treatment (podium level only). I once heard that the Palliser Square tower was getting a complete reclad as well as the building next door to Telus Sky. Are these still in the works? With this downturn, now is the time to completely renovate older office building (ahem Scotia tower).

The Pan Canadian renos look promising. The street front on that building always sucked, so there is always a good chance it'll be improved.

Yeah, the Pan Canadian renovations don't look too bad, here are some renders...

15-10-07-Southeast-RENDER_web.jpg

16-04-26-OSP-Plaza-view_web.jpg

View01-Lobby-A_web.jpg

View02-Lobby-LookingDown_web.jpg

View03-LobbySection-A_web.jpg

It's like the discussions we've been having about the BVS podium reclad. The they do look good and they'll probably do a decent enough job of it, but it won't do anything for the hideous tower above it. If they could make BVS, Pan Canadian and Scotia not look like they we're made out of cheap sidewalk material from 1968 it would do a lot to assuage my ire, but until such I time, I'd rather see craters in their place.

I'll play the role of devil's advocate today. IMO the PanCanadian redo, is the classic example of 'lipstick on a pig'. The BVS work is cosmetic, but at least
BVS has a bit of decent street frontage, whereas PanCanadian has none whatsoever. If there is an outside restaurant patio as is hinted at in the renderings, then the PC redo will be an upgrade, if not, then it's no better than before from an external perspective.

It's like the discussions we've been having about the BVS podium reclad. The they do look good and they'll probably do a decent enough job of it, but it won't do anything for the hideous tower above it. If they could make BVS, Pan Canadian and Scotia not look like they we're made out of cheap sidewalk material from 1968 it would do a lot to assuage my ire, but until such I time, I'd rather see craters in their place.

Call me crazy, but I like the look of the Bow Valley Square towers. :D

Back