News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Thanks for posting. Glad to see people getting their kids into cycling :)
Hi all. Just wanted to post a few photos from in an around EV. Went for a nice bike ride with my Son yesterday. The Anthem project
is moving along. What really caught my attention was the cantilevered decks along the bike/ped path. Blew my mind.

Update of the construction at Prince's Island Park
IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1481.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1490.JPG IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1504.JPG IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1506.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1480.JPG
    IMG_1480.JPG
    772.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    543.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 296
MacKimmie Complex and Professional Faculties Redevelopment Project
Tower Construction:
How long is the tower going to be closed? MacKimmie Tower will be closed from September 1, 2017 until approximately fall, 2019.

What is happening during tower construction?
Initially, the construction will be happening inside the building. In 2018 you’ll start to see more exterior work take place when we replace the outside of the tower and add two floors.
IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2638.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2637.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2638.JPG
    IMG_2638.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 359
Not the sexiest location, but everything starts somewhere. I just looked it up on Google Maps, is this on the former empty lot on the NW corner of the intersection? Maybe if it goes over well, they'd consider revamping some of the other little businesses on the intersection.

Nice to see these smaller projects keep getting built. This is exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned Northmount having potential to become a decent retail corridor. Keep building more of these along it, and it could be a decent urban artery.

It would be really nice if Brisebois were re-zoned to allow commercial/mixed us developments. I'd really like it there was a retail/entertainment corridor there that met up with the developments in Brentwood.

I don't get up that way very often, but it appears good things are happening along the Northmount, a new cycle track and some of these kind of developments it's all good .

Really the entire NW is going ham right now; MacKimmie Tower, 4Square, University City 6, Cancer Centre, Northmount and Brisebois, Catalyst, etc.

Not much for buildings on the agenda for next week's CPC. But there are a couple of neat infrastructure items:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Docume...mmission/agenda/2017/agenda-cpc-august-24.pdf

Item 5.01 (page 45/147) provides details of the road and pathway connections for 90th Ave SW and Southland Drive SW to the new SWRR. There are some renderings near the end of the item.

Item 5.02 (page 61/147) provides details on the SW BRT along 14th street. Specifically the intersection with 75th Ave and the new pedestrian bridge, and the pedestrian bridge and underpass at 90th Ave. Again some renderings near the back of the item.

Looking at the 90th Ave pedestrian bridge, it seems apparent that budgets are being watched closely on this one I think.....

I found some info on the Ferrari dealer construction near my work:
Ferrari Dealer rendering
Fema+NW+view2+%282%29.jpg

Source: http://www.sekoconstruction.com/-current-projects/ferrari-maserati-rolls-royce-dealership

There are more renders at the site. The building is more interesting than I expected, but the exterior detail is looking to be different from the renders. I see no sign yet of construction on the north building; may still be to come as Atco had large dig adjacent to the property that may have held up that part.

Photos from this week:
Ferrari Dealer Construction IMG_2167 by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer Concrete Walls IMG_2168 by ferreth, on Flickr

The concrete walls look to be the final exterior judging by the patterning. Not at all like the rendering. They are one piece ground to top, all hauled into place over a few days by crane. Will be interesting to see what the final building ends up looking like. All I know for sure is there will be the sounds of Ferraris cruising by, which by strange coincidence I have experienced before, as my previous job had me walking right by the current dealership on Barlow Trail - the occasional morning "tune up drive" had me hearing the cars long before I saw them coming.

I wonder if they'll be painting the concrete?
I found some info on the Ferrari dealer construction near my work:
Ferrari Dealer rendering
Fema+NW+view2+%282%29.jpg

Source: http://www.sekoconstruction.com/-current-projects/ferrari-maserati-rolls-royce-dealership

There are more renders at the site. The building is more interesting than I expected, but the exterior detail is looking to be different from the renders. I see no sign yet of construction on the north building; may still be to come as Atco had large dig adjacent to the property that may have held up that part.

Photos from this week:
Ferrari Dealer Construction IMG_2167 by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer Concrete Walls IMG_2168 by ferreth, on Flickr

The concrete walls look to be the final exterior judging by the patterning. Not at all like the rendering. They are one piece ground to top, all hauled into place over a few days by crane. Will be interesting to see what the final building ends up looking like. All I know for sure is there will be the sounds of Ferraris cruising by, which by strange coincidence I have experienced before, as my previous job had me walking right by the current dealership on Barlow Trail - the occasional morning "tune up drive" had me hearing the cars long before I saw them coming.

Depedening on the remaining finishes, I'd be perfectly alright with the raw concrete surface.

Back