News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Here's a random theory I've seen being floated around.

Perhaps the F59s will be overhauled to do MOW work, since GO will start dispatching work trains out of the Obico yard, and they probably will need locomotives to run those trains.

Here's a random theory I've seen being floated around.

Perhaps the F59s will be overhauled to do MOW work, since GO will start dispatching work trains out of the Obico yard, and they probably will need locomotives to run those trains.
Hmmm that is interesting. OnXpress will need some pretty substantive work trains to build out OnCorr, and these could fit the bill.

Quoting over from the general railways thread, likely relevant to the GO loco discussion.

This is a story out of Poland, but as we enter a new age of software being critical to anything and everything, I thought it'd be of interest.

Think of an MP40/54 bricking itself because GO sent it to a repair shop that wasn't run by MPI / Wabtec.

My understanding based on discussions on American rail boards is that one of the reasons the GE P32/40/42 passenger locomotive fleet will be far outlasted by the likes of F40/F59 is that EMD and GE seem to have very different ideas about who can make parts for their engines

Hmmm that is interesting. OnXpress will need some pretty substantive work trains to build out OnCorr, and these could fit the bill.
And maybe this is the way GO would finally be able to retire them from regular passenger runs without having to completely withdraw them from the fleet.

I mean with 27 to 53 locomotives on the way, that would make the F59s fairly redundant on passenger runs.

So looking at some old articles, this one says here that the Series 7 cars Alstom in Thunder Bay are refurbishing were supposed to start being delivered back to GO in 2023. Yet I have not heard nor seen of any them being delivered back to GO, guessing the struggles at the plant have slowed down work?

A Barrie Line GO Train collided with a semi truck earlier today (haven't heard of any injuries)

Not my picture but here is the damage to the cab car.
Messenger_creation_6442cbec-22a0-4661-9bff-1c7a33b65203.png

A Barrie Line GO Train collided with a semi truck earlier today (haven't heard of any injuries)

View attachment 534810
I hope there were no injuries. I wonder if things would have been worst had it been one of the older cab cars that hit the semi. Isn't this the very reason why Metrolinx invested in these newer cab cars?

View attachment 534810
Is that wood? I am assuming it's the structure of these CEM Cabs. Would it be the same material on the rest of the cab. Sorry a bit of a dumb question. Just seems odd that I see a wood like material in the front.

Is that wood? I am assuming it's the structure of these CEM Cabs. Would it be the same material on the rest of the cab. Sorry a bit of a dumb question. Just seems odd that I see a wood like material in the front.
No such thing as a dumb question, except perhaps for ones that were already asked 2 posts earlier... :p I kid but had to do a couple of literal double takes.

Back