News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Have you tried the array tool? (part of the Move/Copy tool)

Sorry i am not familiar with what you are talking about can you explain.

By the way great model

Martinsizon,

The array tool allows you to make multiple copies of an object, where the copies are evenly spaced out (in a line or in a circle). It's the best tool to use for creating multiple windows or floors on a skyscraper quickly (take the windows on my One King West model, for example).

I won't give a detailed explanation of the array tool here, so I guess it's best if you read up on the array tool in Sketchup's Help section.

Cityplace buildings

Matrix

Apex

Optima

cityp.jpg

Now I know you want to see the Signature Tower. I'm going to save that for last, after I finish all the existing/released phases.

Lookin' good, but they seem dark when you post them from Google Earth.

I'll have to update the Skyline 2010 pic once you've modelled the buildings west of Spadina.

^Maybe, maybe not. I normally reference my models with a real floorplan of the building, but in the case of the west Apex tower I could not find a floorplan.

Wylie, isn't your HVE III north tower too short? It should be 26 floors, and it looks like 24 to me.

Just being picky about your excellent work!

Great work, have you thought about switching to a highend software? Question for you, how long per model roughly?

Andrew,

I've answered your first question in a post earlier in this thread. As for you second question, I typically spend 2-3 hours on a model building.

Finally...

Cityplace Signature Tower

Not the last piece of the puzzle for Cityplace- the two westernmost blocks of the community have not yet been released... once they are I will model them.

sig.jpg

cityp-2.jpg

actually there are pdf s for the last buildings of cityplace
i think they were posted here a while back when the council agendas were released

Back