News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The curved ones look great! It makes me regretful that the Torch doesn't have it. Is it too late? Would anyone step up to install them?

Curved rotating screens, no less. And it seemed to actually have a holographic flame on top of the torch that would have actually made it look like a torch, but I guess it was all too good to be true.

CTV Dundas Square

Yea, so I started only to realise I suck at photoshop. Here she is!

21cv9sz.jpg
i7.tinypic.com/21cv9sz.jpg[/IMG[/url]]

All those tries, only to realise i posted in the wrong thread:\

That's not bad! But I don't know if they'd keep that and their Masonic Temple studios. Perhaps CBC (or Global which doesn't even have a proper local news broadcast)?

CBC has the underutilized Broadcasting Centre (thanks to cutbacks in news and local production), and they use the Front Street backdrop for both the local news and some national news. I doubt they have the money for Torch. Global maybe.

Thanks for not putting a certain hated CTV "personality" in the rendering, which by the way looks pretty good. And I think CTV could make some good use of the facility.

Then there's the matter of Corus radio; y'know, they already have general offices + studios at 1 Dundas, plus the Edge streetfront studio and Q-107's booth at the Hard Rock...

But I don't know if they'd keep that and their Masonic Temple studios.

CTV Toronto (CFTO) is actually located in Scarborough, at Channel Nine Court at McCowan and 401. TSN is also located there (there's an eeriely-lighted dome on top of the building with the TSN logo that sometimes looks like a full moon at night).

It would be nice to see either or both channels move into the Torch, or at least set up a satellite studio there.

Aren't the CTV headquarters across the street at 250 Yonge Street?

CTV left there years ago. Their downtown offices, such as they are, are in the Globe and Mail building.

Back