News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryerson already has one hotel that it's using as a residence. No clue what its former name was.

Someone mentioned to me recently that the Bond Place Hotel was sold recently...can anyone confirm?

Doesn't the city want the site on the north side of the street to be developed into a hotel? Just how the hell many hotels can this city support? It's getting ridiculous. I thought our tourism industry was in danger, and it seems like there's something like 20 hotels proposed or under construction right now. Don't get me wrong, $5/night sounds great, but I don't understand how these hotels are sustainable.

Ryerson already has one hotel that it's using as a residence. No clue what its former name was.

That was the Hotel Ibis - part of the Accor Group - I think the only one they had in Canada. They are better known here for their Novotels, but have lots of chains in Europe. Some Sofitels in NA too.

Hakim Optical

Does anyone have any idea what the new Hakim Optical Building will look like? The demolition of the old Press building looks about finished so I assume there ARE plans for the new building? (The ghastly rendering shown earlier on this thread seemed to be based on building up on the existing structure, now it's gone I assume they are not going to replicate it!)

Well.. this is a Hakim Optical after all... they assume that people coming into it need glasses...

So I wouldn't be surprised if it looks horrible. It's not like their customers will see it walking in. :p

Does anyone have any idea what the new Hakim Optical Building will look like? The demolition of the old Press building looks about finished so I assume there ARE plans for the new building? (The ghastly rendering shown earlier on this thread seemed to be based on building up on the existing structure, now it's gone I assume they are not going to replicate it!)

I believe the rendering shown in post 5 of this tread is still what is being built. Last time I checked, they were keeping the west brick wall of the existing structure and the rendering seems to jive with this.

Also, I wonder if City-TV will rent out some of the office space above this building or in Toronto Life Square?

I don't get the idea of this Hakim Optical building at the square... what use will it serve? (Retail with offices above?)

Either way, it seems like perhaps the most unsexy brand that could land a spot right next to the square... not gonna lie about that one. :rolleyes:

I don't get the idea of this Hakim Optical building at the square... what use will it serve? (Retail with offices above?)

Either way, it seems like perhaps the most unsexy brand that could land a spot right next to the square... not gonna lie about that one. :rolleyes:

To be fair, they were already there. They probably reached a friendly agreement with the city to move across the street without being expropriated.

Back