News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I don't get is why an optical firm would build such an eye sore. I guess your eyes can't have it all after all.

But than again, it does have 80's chessy jingles, crappy signage and crummy ads anyway. Yes there is actually a "Mr. Hakim" but from what I read (in Frank and elsewhere), he isn't a very nice guy anyway.

I knew the Hakims- not too well, but well enough. I don't know if I could classify him as an asshole, but he had that type of demeanour. That said, I wouldn't have expected more from Hack'em Optical- 80's mirrored facade is just pure brilliance.

p5

I parked his Rolls Royce at Sassafraz when i did valet parking there. I remember it vividly because it was during a snowstorm with strong winds and maybe -15C--no tip.

How bad can the Hakim building get? Well, imagine it blaring out the jingle every 5 minutes--who needs "It's A Small World"...

I walked by today and there were some new signs up; and the building is further along in demolition. One of the signs up was for an architect I think. I should go back and get some pics. . .

Oh, I hadn't realized that Hakim had moved out already. I thought this was something they were planning for the future, but as far as I know there isn't any developer for that space yet.

I hope it turns out to be a very tall hotel.

Oh, I hadn't realized that Hakim had moved out already. I thought this was something they were planning for the future, but as far as I know there isn't any developer for that space yet.

I hope it turns out to be a very tall hotel.

Hakim hasn't moved out. The new building is being built across the street.

That tiny brick press building wedged in btw/the Bond Place Hotel and Metropolis...

That tiny brick press building wedged in btw/the Bond Place Hotel and Metropolis...

Oh, I thought that building was ready for move in. I thought they were going to adapt it for Hakim, not tear it down and build a new one.

I guess that's good news. It brings hope that we'll have some transparency on this stretch of Dundas. Olympic Spirit turns its back on Dundas with its blank walls, hopefully Hakim will have a glass frontage.

I'm surprised the owners of the Bond Place Hotel didn't want to expand onto that property. They could have built a taller hotel portion with higher end suits while updating the exterior of the existing hotel. What a great place for a hotel for those that like the hustle and bustle of the big city.

I'm surprised the owners of the Bond Place Hotel didn't want to expand onto that property. They could have built a taller hotel portion with higher end suits while updating the exterior of the existing hotel. What a great place for a hotel for those that like the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Someone mentioned to me recently that the Bond Place Hotel was sold recently...can anyone confirm?

Back