News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

It really irritates me to read that article about the wavedeck's safety concerns. If you don't want to risk injury, don't fucking go on it. Stay the fuck away. Nobody is pointing a gun to your fucking unimaginative head.

Shit!

The wave decks are way safer than a sidewalk on a busy street. There aren't 3ft. high fences between sidewalks and roads. Why? Because a simple three word rule has worked so well for decades. "look both ways".

Most kids know their limits regardless of how safe or unsafe something is. If they never get a chance to test those limits, they're at greater risk at having an accident.

It really irritates me to read that article about the wavedeck's safety concerns. If you don't want to risk injury, don't fucking go on it. Stay the fuck away. Nobody is pointing a gun to your fucking unimaginative head.
Shit!

Beep Beep Beep.....Ha Ha i know what you mean.:D

Shit!

Well said! :)

Waves of differing opinions
Depending on who you talk to, new Harbourfront structure is either 'crap' or 'spectacular'

"Architecturally it has a lot of value, but from a safety perspective there's a whole series of injuries that could occur," said Brian Patterson, president of the Ontario Safety League.

In fact, Patterson is calling on the city to shut down the WaveDeck. That's how "significant" the safety risks are, he said.

"It's confusing that the same people who paid for this are the same ones who are going to pay the liabilities," Patterson said, envisioning lawsuits from injuries.

What Captain Parachute Pants meant to say was...

"Architecturally it has a lot of value, more value than anything else on the waterfront. But, from a safety perspective there is a whole series of injuries that could occur like in any other public space in the city," said Brian Patterson, President of Ontario Obvious League.

In fact, Patterson is calling on the city to shut down all public spaces, including the WaveDeck, because he feels people are fucking idiots. That is how "significant" the concern is, reiterating that he feels that everyone is a fucking idiot.

"It's confusing that the same people who paid for this are the same ones will use it, enjoy it and gain tourism revenue from it," Patterson said, clearly indicating that he too is a fucking idiot, like everyone else.

Last edited:

"Architecturally it has a lot of value, more value than anything else on the waterfront. But, from a safety perspective there is a whole series of injuries that could occur like in any other public space in the city," said Brian Patterson, President of Ontario Obvious League.

In fact, Patterson is calling on the city to shut down all public spaces, including the WaveDeck, because he feels people are fucking idiots. That is how "significant" the concern is, reiterating that he feels that everyone is a fucking idiot.

"It's confusing that the same people who paid for this are the same ones will use it, enjoy it and gain tourism revenue from it," Patterson said, clearly indicating that he too is a fucking idiot, like everyone else.

All glory indeed!

info@osl.org

Should I forward this to them?

Shit!

Excellent responses - Toronto does something slightly adventurous and the president of the 'Ontario Safety League' says 'no.' Imagine bringing that one out at parties - "Hey baby, like my grey on grey on grey suit? Doesn't it make you wanna promote safety and prudence tonight?"

Brian Patterson, president of the Ontario Safety League
HomerSignAhead.png

The Ontario Safety League's mission is "to reduce preventable deaths, injuries and destruction on Ontario's roads through public education and safety awareness. Ontario Safety League's mandate continues to be safety through education."

West 8/DTAH have often said that QQ's in unfriendly to pedestrains and cyclists because of the dominance of cars and that is the exact reason why they want to take way 2 lanes of traffic. To open up a safe and accessible public realm for pedestrians and cyclists and families on the waterfront. The Ontario Safety League should be applauding this revitalization effort, not throwing around half-brained, undefined comments like "injuries could occur".

Also, this:

onion_imagearticle1168.article.jpg

Only replace all the roller-coaster captions with wavedecks:
23% building railings around the portions of deck that are most dangerous
10% eliminating live gun play on Scarborough wavedeck
12% attaching rocket engines to the asses of kids sliding down the wavedeck, providing less time for them to have fun
11% revising signs encouraging pregnant women and people with heart conditions to relax, sit back and enjoy the calm yet playful nature of lakeside viewing
16% overhauling the Rees Street Deck, the wave deck where pedestrians start on either side and walk towards each other, pass each other and safely continue their walk on the other side
19% banning wavedecks that suspend users by cervical vertebrae (ok, this one doesn't really carry over)
9% requiring city politicians and architects to have high school diplomas

Last edited:
I received an injury to my brain after reading Mr. Patterson's comments. Do you think I should lodge a complaint with the Ontario Safety League to have him shut down? We wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt.

Watch out, stairs and ramps - you're next on the OSL hit list. And gawd forbid they should get their hands onto a playground (or better yet, campground).

Their motto: Flat is fun.

And why are they the Ontario Safety League. Are they a new breed of incredibly cautious superheroes?

Shit!

I understand your frustration, but that's not a very mature response. Apparently it's okay to talk like this on this forum now :)

That about nails it.

How does anyone know they are preventing a preventable death if no one dies?

Back