News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Is the bridge portion at the entrance to the slip going ahead? All of the news I have heard has been concerning the slip with very little about the bridge.

Yes, the bridges are coming. I believe they start construction on that after the slip deck.

What are they doing with Peter? Hopefully something to stop the flow of garbage into it.

They need to clean that area more frequently. It is great that it collects in there making it easy to clean up but the benefit is lost if the city doesn't go in there frequently enough. I see all the ducks and swans swimming in there and feel sorry for them navigating pop cans and chip bags.

Not to mention the smell that goes with it on a hot summer day. What happened last year is the water level got too low for the trash collecter boat to get into the quay, its rebounded quite nicely this spring however, but no sign of that boat.

2485651642_e8f9738868.jpg

2484834047_4e2a6053fd.jpg

2485651516_5ed9ee0644.jpg

2485651448_a59ed7e1f8.jpg

The guy in the second pic looks confused by the plan. Maybe that is why it is taking so long. Looks like in might be ready by the end of summer.

That timber is sweeeet! :D

I love how West8's plan is impressive and different yet very easy to implement.

Had we chosen the Foster proposal (which I liked very much), I doubt we'd be any closer to building those tear drop shaped buildings on the ends of slips and little canals of water from the financial district to the lake...

It looks like with the ease of implementation of these ends of slips and bridges we'll have a drastically improved central waterfront in half the time it took to build Toronto Life Square :rolleyes: (Getting my TLS punches in where Caltrane won't see them... tee hee!)

I remember Adrian Geuze talking about how the bridges and end of slip decks were one design and how it was easy to modify the initial template to fit the different slips and quays without modifying the process to build them. This saved time and money because they were all designed at once.

The wood smells fantastic too. That whole area this week was spruced up for summer. Workers were in the wetlands and Music Garden trimming and manicuring.

I kept meaning to bring my camera to take pictures on my way to work because it seemed like things were changing daily.

The wood smells fantastic too. That whole area this week was spruced up for summer. Workers were in the wetlands and Music Garden trimming and manicuring.

I kept meaning to bring my camera to take pictures on my way to work because it seemed like things were changing daily.

But how long will the wood actually have that nice new wood smell?

Back