News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A Wayne's World outdoor dine and view party on the plaza? "WE"RE NOT WORTHY!" THat's a slam dunk style of event I want to see repeated weekly for eternity! That's the kind of magnet programming that will draw someone in from 2 hours away, btw. I split my time between "the hills" and town now and that's worth circling even though I own a copy of the film and it's on Tubi for free right now... But because it's a fun community gathering event? I'll go! And this is how you turn around downtown!

Who ever was responsible for planning that one? Tip of the hat to you!!! Now if we can just get some free pop music concerts too! Or even if we had live streaming concerts from the plaza to the world via the internet! That would be vital in promoting ICE as a global cultural hub... No joke!

Canada Day Celebration
  • Friday July 1, 2022
  • 3:00pm - 11:00pm
A celebration of the best country on planet earth with a backyard barbeque on an ICE District scale. Wear your Canadian colours proudly and enjoy live entertainment, food, beverages, photo ops, roving characters, axe throwing, a renowned body airbrush artist, patio games and more.

Edmonton’s own Stereos take the stage at 9:15 PM to close out an epic Canada Day celebration!

Once the ICE District festivities wrap up, check out the City of Edmonton’s Canada Day fireworks over the river valley at 11:00 PM MT.

There's also some Jazzfest activities this week

I wasn't around but that stop was incredible. I agree with IIHF. They should have reduced ticket prices for this event. I heard the atmosphere was good for the final though - in the arena.
I also heard they played La Bamba after Canada's semi final win on Friday. Nice tribute to Ben.

I never noticed these plaques laid in the plaza in front of Bob and Doug. They tell the story of Dr. Allard, SCTV and and Of course Bob and Doug. Love it. We need more of these Downtown (e.g. the Schmenge brothers).
24646D32-1F77-4924-B343-7BED05E77F53.jpeg
39C6048B-55E9-429C-9953-A00ADC3C230D.jpeg
4E126962-96AA-4C00-9324-C997CAA1FAC6.jpeg

I'm hopeful that a SCTV reunion and proper opening for this still happens; recall early meetings for this initiative and the extremely complex discussions with the needed rights for these characters.

Back